Windows XP HELP need to know how to remove upper/lower filters manually

Reaction score
Hi

My name is Danny, I have big problems with my PC. What it is doing is this.. I have no abilities to use my LG DVD RW... I seen in my list of drivers devices that my DVD has the yellow warning symbol by it.. I tried resetting but always loads back with problems and has that yellow symbol there... I though about buying an external DVD and just use external to put my Windows XP Pro CD in it and format and partition HD but to my surprize the same problem accured with the external having that problem installing the drivers and haves that yellow symbol by it... I was told by the geeksquad at Futur Shop that all I needed to do is remove upper and lower filters.. He said that if I googeled it there would be step by step insturctions saying how to do this... I have spent over 3 days looking and all I keep finding is links for purchasing different programs that will fix my problem.. I need to do this manually, I don't have a credit card to make the purchase of online programs...

PLEASE HELP

Ask a Question