Help creating a subform within a form.

Chris Peikert

When ever I try to add a subform into a form I get this error message when I
try to leave design view:

This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated.
For Example, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements.
Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to
variables.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Chris

I hate to jump in with saying one or both forms is corrupt. While that is
possible, it might also be a problem with a control or the recordsource for
one of the forms.

Can you open the sub form by itself? Are the master and child links OK?

WilliamAstarita

I've seen this when Quotes are not closed out properly, especially when
you use a combination of Double " and Single '. Check the recordsource
and row source of the subform.

Also, make sure the relationship (if there is one) between the Parent
and Child forms are not conflicting due to type conversion (Relating a
AutoNumber field to a Text field).

Chris Peikert

I couldnt find any bad quotes. I can open up the master form and the 2
subforms each without any problems. I checked the relationships between
tables and the Prime Key is autonumber and on the 2nd and 3rd tables they
are set as Number Long Integer. I have no clue what happend. Everything was
working fine until I started to put data into the tables to see if it was
going to work. I closed out and went back later for something and thats when
it started.

Joseph R. Pottschmidt

Dear Chris:

The problem is that the field types for the 2nd and 3rd database need to
be double under field size. This will take care of your problem with
your error message.

Joe P.

Posted At: Friday, July 28, 2006 5:48 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.access.forms
Conversation: Help creating a subform within a form.
Subject: Re: Help creating a subform within a form.

I couldnt find any bad quotes. I can open up the master form and the 2
subforms each without any problems. I checked the relationships between
tables and the Prime Key is autonumber and on the 2nd and 3rd tables
they
are set as Number Long Integer. I have no clue what happend. Everything
was
working fine until I started to put data into the tables to see if it
was
going to work. I closed out and went back later for something and thats
when
it started.

Chris Peikert

Re: Help creating a subform within a form.Made the changes and when I went to reconnect the 3 tables it says:

"Relationship must be on the same number of fields with the same data types."