Header download for the gmail

sarah

What does this mean and how do i fix it??

Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select
'[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to
synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server:
'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail]
(Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2

Gary VanderMolen

Try this:
Right-click on the "[Gmail]" folder, select Synchronization Settings,
Don't Synchronize.

Jeff

I had the same problem. Fixed by this answer. Thanks.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

sarah said:
What does this mean and how do i fix it??

Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select
'[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to
synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server:
'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail]
(Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2

Gary VanderMolen

You're very welcome. Thanks for letting us know.

--

sarah said:
What does this mean and how do i fix it??

Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select
'[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to
synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server:
'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail]
(Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2

Disney_Princess

Hey Everyone!

I too did this and it worked for all except the {all mail} folder which
still had the same error, but fear not my friends I have found a solution
that worked for me and I hope it does all of you as well.

1) Right Click Gmail

2)Choose properties

3) Choose the synchronize tab and uncheck the box

lilclicka

YES! this was the ticket. I am good now!

sarah said:
What does this mean and how do i fix it??

Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select
'[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to
synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server:
'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail]
(Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2

Lydia Longrun

You might try refreshing your folder
list to synchronize with the IMAP server.

I get the above error code.. how do i do that, how do i refresh the folder
list?????

if anyone knows, please let me know?

thanks,
Lydia

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

What exactly does your error message say?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Lydia Longrun" wrote in message
I get the above error code.. how do i do that, how do i refresh the folder
list?????

if anyone knows, please let me know?

thanks,
Lydia

Lydia Longrun

Het downloaden van kopteksten voor de map hasselerborgh is niet voltooid. Kan
hasselerborgh niet op de IMAP-server selecteren. Het is raadzaam om de
mappenlijst te vernieuwen, zodat deze synchroon is aan de lijst op de
IMAP-server. Account: 'IMAP.GMAIL.COM', Server: 'IMAP.GMAIL.COM', Protocol:
IMAP, Reactie van server: 'Unknown Mailbox: hasselerborgh (Failure)', Poort:
993, Beveiligd(SSL): Ja, Foutnummer: 0x800CCCD2

Windows Mail kan het gevraagde bericht niet downloaden. Het bericht is
waarschijnlijk verlopen of van de server verwijderd. Kan een bericht niet
downloaden van de IMAP-server. Onderwerp 'kas febr', Account:
'IMAP.GMAIL.COM', Server: 'IMAP.GMAIL.COM', Protocol: IMAP, Reactie van
server: 'Unknown Mailbox: hasselerborgh (Failure)', Poort: 993,
Beveiligd(SSL): Ja, Foutnummer: 0x800CCCD2

etc etc.... i get 18 failures like this. i think the folder list in my
Windows email is no longer in compliance with the one in my web based email.

so how do i refresh / reload the folder list ?

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

You need to renew the folder list.
Right-click on the GMAIL parent folder name, select Reset List.

[...]

Thanks Gary, this really worked. It took me a while to find out where i
could renew the list (in Dutch it was named: Begin-waarden / begin-values).

Thanks and i hope it helped more people.

Lydia Longrun
Holland

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

You're very welcome. That Dutch version of Reset (folder) List is not very clear..

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Lydia Longrun" wrote in message
Thanks Gary, this really worked. It took me a while to find out where i
could renew the list (in Dutch it was named: Begin-waarden / begin-values).

Thanks and i hope it helped more people.

Lydia Longrun
Holland

Doc

I too had the same problem.
The thing is that selecting "Don't Sychronize" helps with the error
abovementioned, but when you do that, the the subfolders really intresting
for synchronizing (like the "sent mail" sub folder, that is inside the
"Gmail" folder), do not sychronize completly.
Do you know if there is a way to prevent the error of gmail headers
maintening the sychronization of some of the sub folders?
Thank you.

sarah said:
What does this mean and how do i fix it??

Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select
'[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to
synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server:
'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail]
(Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

No, I'm not aware of any other way to suppress that error message.
I haven't had the problem of sub-folders not fully synchronizing,
but I use Windows Live Mail rather than Windows Mail.