Hardware for printing business cards

Sprout

I'm looking for a printer which will print on small cards the same
size as business cards.

Does anyone know of such a beast??

Epona

Sprout said:
I'm looking for a printer which will print on small cards the same
size as business cards.

Does anyone know of such a beast??

Well, if you don't want anything too fancy, I believe Dymo (www.dymo.com) do
one. It's exactly the same as their LabelWriter, only it, er, prints on
cards.

Epona

Sprout said:
I'm looking for a printer which will print on small cards the same
size as business cards.

Does anyone know of such a beast??

I might add that you'd have been better off posting this to
alt.periphs.printers - you're likely to receive a more expert response
there...

ChrisJ9876

From: Sprout (e-mail address removed)
Date: 01/14/2004 6:57 AM Eastern Standard Time

I'm looking for a printer which will print on small cards the same
size as business cards.

Does anyone know of such a beast??

I don't know what it is you want to print, but couldn't you use the regular
business card stock which comes 10 cards to a sheet, pre-perforated, and use a
regular printer?

Sprout

I don't know what it is you want to print, but couldn't you use the regular
business card stock which comes 10 cards to a sheet, pre-perforated, and use a
regular printer?

Can't do that because the cards are pre-printed with a design on them
already. I just want to print a bit of black text on them.

I'll try contacting Dymo as the previous post suggests.

CBFalconer

Sprout said:
Can't do that because the cards are pre-printed with a design on
them already. I just want to print a bit of black text on them.

Then head for your nearest rubber stamp maker and squander about
ten to twenty dollars for a custom stamp. LoTech has its points.
It probably won't fail for years, provided you remember to close
the inkpad :)

mcheu

I'm looking for a printer which will print on small cards the same
size as business cards.

Does anyone know of such a beast??

Would it not just be easier to buy the card sheets? You can then
print them on any inkjet, laser or even dot matrix printer capable of
handling plain paper. Just use the templates (usually provided free)
for any of the popular graphics packages, and tear along the
microperferations when you're done.

It's more expensive than designing the layout and taking the file to a
printshop (at least in terms of per card cost). It's much less
expensive than using a specialized printer to crank out 1 card at a
time on 2"x3" card stock though.

lurker

I think a commercial product is available described as a "carrier"
used in printing individual checks, etc.

Perhaps that or something similar could be modified so you could
"stick" your cards to it and go from there????

Lurker

kony

Would it not just be easier to buy the card sheets? You can then
print them on any inkjet, laser or even dot matrix printer capable of
handling plain paper. Just use the templates (usually provided free)
for any of the popular graphics packages, and tear along the
microperferations when you're done.

It's more expensive than designing the layout and taking the file to a
printshop (at least in terms of per card cost). It's much less
expensive than using a specialized printer to crank out 1 card at a
time on 2"x3" card stock though.

Generally speaking, inkjets are unsuitable for business cards. The
ink can rub off or bleed and look bad-to-illegible, stain
clothes/hands/etc.

IMHO, the OP needs to take the cards to a real print shop and have
them do it.