Happy Birthday Taffycat!

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thank you all for the birthday greetings, I would invite you all over for cake, but this year, I decided to be different and went for a generous helping of Ben & Jerry's instead! Ice cream with everything in it! :D

@Abarbarian, what can I say but..... Woo-Hoo! :lol::lol:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Oops I missed this one! Belated happy birthday wishes from me! Mmmm Ben & Jerry's :drool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you tried making your own Ben and Jerry ice cream before? It tastes surprisingly similar and is super tasty :D

Ad

Advertisements

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Have you tried making your own Ben and Jerry ice cream before? It tastes surprisingly similar and is super tasty :D
No, I've not tried doing that - although it sounds super-tasty! :D
We have the recipe book. It's dangerous :lol:
Oh my gosh! I can imagine that it would be... it's funny really, but we both seem to eat more ice cream these days, than we ever did when we were kids! lol :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Happy (belated) Birthday Taffycat :cheers:

Sorry me late, haven't been online much for the past few days :blush:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I can imagine that it would be... it's funny really, but we both seem to eat more ice cream these days, than we ever did when we were kids! lol :D
Sounds good to me! :D

Ian is lactose intolerant (my brother calls it 'lactarded'!) so I sometimes make ice-cream following a B&J recipe using lactose-free cream. You can't tell the difference, and it opens up more variety for him. I had some really yummy blackcurrant ice-cream recently and I want to recreate it sometime!

All this talk of ice-cream is making me hungry... :drool:

Ad

Advertisements

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ian is lactose intolerant (my brother calls it 'lactarded'!) so I sometimes make ice-cream following a B&J recipe using lactose-free cream. You can't tell the difference, and it opens up more variety for him. I had some really yummy blackcurrant ice-cream recently and I want to recreate it sometime!
Being able to adjust the ingredients to suit personal taste, or to cater for any particular food intolerance is so worth it I think.

Do you just freeze your ice cream, or do you prefer to use any kind of ice cream-making machine? (In the distant past, I tried those hand-cranked machines, which required pre-freezing of the mixing bowl. Perhaps I just made an unfortunate choice, but the ones I tried did not work very efficiently - although the ice cream actually tasted really good!)

I have toyed with the idea of getting an electric ice cream maker, but some of them are a bit bulky and we don't have too much space going spare to be honest.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
We've got an ice-cream maker - one that has a bowl you freeze, and a unit that sits on the worktop. It's great but it is a bit bulky! We used to have a much smaller one that fit in the freezer, but it was pretty slow.

If you want good results without an ice-cream maker, try a recipe that includes condensed milk. I have a friend who can't eat eggs, and she made some for us once - it was basically just condensed milk and cream, with whichever flavour you want. Best part is that you don't need to churn it :) Yummy!

Ad

Advertisements

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm having ice cream cravings right now after reading that. Sounds damn good! :drool:

Ask a Question