Hanging indent?

Jean Barto

How do I set a hanging indent in MS Word 2000? I'm doing footnotes for an
English assignment and I much prefer doing my documentation in Chicago
style, using footnotes and a bibliography. I had problems doing this when
typing the first draft of my document, and I'd like to learn how to do it
once and for all when I write the final product this weekend.

Thanks in advance--

Jean in VA

Stan Brown

[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers and a
copy was sent to the cited author.]

How do I set a hanging indent in MS Word 2000? I'm doing footnotes for an
English assignment and I much prefer doing my documentation in Chicago
style, using footnotes and a bibliography. I had problems doing this when
typing the first draft of my document, and I'd like to learn how to do it
once and for all when I write the final product this weekend.

Format >> Paragraph. Look at the "First line" drop-down and you will
see that :Hanging" is one of the choices.

Stefan Blom

Modify the Footnote Text paragraph style to include a hanging indent.
Note that you'll have to press Tab before starting to type the
footnote text, since Word doesn't automatically insert the tab
character after the footnote number (the way it does for paragraph
numbers).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

in message news:BF87DAEB.18B25%[email protected]...