gridView... no key Originalvalue

Nalaka

Hi,
I have a gridView, which has a readOnly/nonKey field "asset_number".

I am using objectDataSource to update......
But I cannot access the Original value of this non-key field.

I used original_asset_number, but is allways set to zero.

is it a rule that, original value cannot be accessed using "original_"
prefix for non-key values??

Thanks
Nalaka

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Nalaka,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
As for the original value of non-datakeyfield column, I also think it the
by design behavior of the DataSource control. Have you tried the same test
through a SqlDataSource? I think the behavior should be identical.
In addition, for ASP.NET whidbey issues, we suggest you also try posting in
the new MSDN forum:

http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx

Thanks,

Steven Cheng