Greetings!

Reaction score
Hi there!

My name is David and im from London.For the past month or so ive been looking for a good place for advice on where to get a pc.The pc im currently using which is my 5th was bought from mesh nearly 4 years ago so its definately time for a new one.I was planing on buying a base unit from them but from what ive read on various sites of others experiences with the company it would seem their standards have dropt considerably.
So anyhow i think i'll head over to one of the other sections before i logoff and post a thread.

Im curious, is there a chatroom where some of the peeps on here gather.If not perhaps a IRC applet on the site could be a good idea?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
David,

Welcome to our part of Cyberspace:)

I wish you good luck with your purchase. As for a chat room, we never felt the need for it as we have folks here who respond very quickly. Chat Rooms in my opinion are not very helpful when it comes to computer advise, a structured response is far better and gives the responder ample time to think before posting a response. You will notice on this board that when someone needs help, messages are posted in quick succession with input from different members. The information tends to be far more useful for the original poster than what a chat room would provide.

Look forward to your message in the hardware section :)

Reaction score
Thats one of the topics i raised a few months ago - but i have since figured that having lots of responses to a single thread is more useful than some quick maybe not so accurate advice in a chat room...

Welcome

Chris

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Morning! :)

Glad you found us, and hope you like it here ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hello, and Welcome.

Im curious, is there a chatroom where some of the peeps on here gather. If not perhaps a IRC applet on the site could be a good idea ...
I call it a "Phone" ... :D

Reaction score
Hey Fraggy! I`ve thought of chat areas for the sites I "contribute" to, but IMO, a thread can be of more use to more ppl as it sticks around... A chat is had, then gone.

Welcome to PCReview... If i`m absent much more than I currently am, i`ll have to re-introduce myself! (exams take their toll)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Welcome Fraggy to PC-R.
I do tend to agree that the threads here can be much more useful and informative than chat sessions.
However, many of the users here do have varios chat handles if the need arises for personal chat sessions away from the site.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
By posting a question/problem on the forum you are not only helping yourself but many others as well, since folks may have similar problem at hand and can benefit from it.

Please do consider this, thank you :)

Ask a Question