Greater than, less than, AS WELL AS value=0

• Thread starter Stephen Patrick Bass
  • Start date
S

Stephen Patrick Bass

Long story short, I'm trying to format something a specific way and excel refuses to validate my formula...so I'm outsourcing to the Google world.

Here's my situation:

I need values greater than 5 in column C to be represented in column D as "Y".
I need values less than or equal to 5 in column C to be shown in column D as "L".
....and here's the kicker...I also need values equal to zero in column C to show up as "N" in column D.

This is the last major bug in a long process of getting a spreadsheet ready for an important consultation with my boss.

Any ideas?

R

rexcrane61

Long story short, I'm trying to format something a specific way and excel refuses to validate my formula...so I'm outsourcing to the Google world.

Here's my situation:

I need values greater than 5 in column C to be represented in column D as "Y".

I need values less than or equal to 5 in column C to be shown in column D as "L".

...and here's the kicker...I also need values equal to zero in column C to show up as "N" in column D.

This is the last major bug in a long process of getting a spreadsheet ready for an important consultation with my boss.

Any ideas?

You should try this:

=IF(C2>5,"Y",IF(C2<=5,"L",IF(C2=5,"N")))

I just assumed that you had your headings/titles in row 1; therefore, I began the sequence with C2. This will get you where you want to be :) Good luck with your boss!

S

Stephen Patrick Bass

Thanks for the help though. Any other ideas?
You should try this:

=IF(C2>5,"Y",IF(C2<=5,"L",IF(C2=5,"N")))

I just assumed that you had your headings/titles in row 1; therefore, I began the sequence with C2. This will get you where you want to be :) Goodluck with your boss!

Ask a Question