Google Chrome Turns 2, Chrome 6 Hits Stable Channel

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Google celebrated the second birthday of its Chrome Web browser Sept. 2 by launching Chrome 6 into the stable channel with autofill capability and other user interface perks.

Google shocked the computing world Sept 2, 2008 when it unveiled Chrome as an alternative to Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera browsers.

Google touted the app as a speedy option for Web surfing equipped with a special V8 JavaScript engine. After a slow start, many users began to use the browser in 2009 and into 2010.

Chrome passed Safari in worldwide browser market share last year and has grown to 7.5 percent of the market, according to the latest numbers from stat counter Net Applications.

Google counts 70 million Chrome users.

Today, the browser hit its sixth stable iteration, adding a few key changes to the UI.

Full story

Download from here

:user:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
After a slow start, many users began to use the browser in 2009 and into 2010.

I use Firefox and rarely IE8, but sometimes they get bogged down and I switch to Chrome and it fly's. Never know, one day I might use it more. It is prett Ok, think I have just got so used to FireFox now though :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Chrome is fine..............................

EXCEPT when putting a post on PCR. Then it doesn't work well at all. :wall: :wall:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Chrome is fine..............................

EXCEPT when putting a post on PCR. Then it doesn't work well at all. :wall: :wall:
No, Chrome is NOT the problem, VB, the forum software is. ;)

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just giving Chrome a try - it seems I already had it on here, but had forgotten about it ... anyway, moving swiftly on.... have just downloaded the latest version - it's certainly speedy, so far. :D

Ask a Question