Good freeware.

Realfreeware.net

Hi there,

If you are looking for good freeware, please visit:

http://www.realfreeware.net

Also if you got any goods tips or suggestions about freeware, fill in
the form on this site.

Greetz,

Realfreeware.net

Grumpy Old Man

Realfreeware.net said:
Hi there,

If you are looking for good freeware, please visit:

http://www.realfreeware.net

Also if you got any goods tips or suggestions about freeware, fill in
the form on this site.

Greetz,

Realfreeware.net
Is this the same site that has the Spyware programs on?

Anonymous

realfreeware.net...spyware...

I don't know about spyware on realfreeware.net, but I CAN say that I
already have too many links to freeware distribution sites.

What I (and perhaps other people) need are the "personal-author-site"
URL's to jewels of freeware that are sometimes found on the Net that do
not yet appear on freeware distribution sites, and the notices about
commercial payware that is being given away for free (like last week
when John Corliss informed us about the fantastic OCR Reader at
http://www.ilsoftware.it/articoli.asp?ID=2904, and earlier this year
when StorageCraft.com was giving ShadowSurfer away for free).

Now -*THOSE*- links are helpful---VERY helpful!

Helen

Weeks ago I posted the free OCR link. I didn't see John's
post. But sometimes messages don't get through and
sometimes they aren't received. One can only post and
hope. Also I agree with you about the urls for "personal-
author-site" and the NOW free programs that are difficult
to find.

: > realfreeware.net...spyware...
:
:

Anonymous

Weeks ago I posted the free OCR link. I didn't see John's
post.

For real? That was you? Oh man, I'm sorry!

The first time I saw any mention of that OCR program was when John
Corliss posted his message on 5/6/06 at 4:26 PM.

I see now that John wrote an addendum on 5/7/06 at 4:36 AM (...AM?...)
that gave credit to someone else for the find.

But sometimes messages don't get through and
sometimes they aren't received. One can only post and
hope. Also I agree with you about the urls for "personal-
author-site" and the NOW free programs that are difficult
to find.

It's just that I don't need any more freeware distribution sites after
I found this newsgroup and http://www.pricelesswarehome.org.

This NG and Pricelessware are like a jewlery store, where you can go in
and browse all the good stuff and get what you want or need all in one
place. What I really NEED are URL-links to the gems and jewels that are
still in the ground and don't appear in the jewlery stores yet.

It's a bad example but you get the idea...

Susan Bugher

What I (and perhaps other people) need are the "personal-author-site"
URL's to jewels of freeware that are sometimes found on the Net that do
not yet appear on freeware distribution sites, <SNIP>

not new sites to those in ACF but. . .

Many of the links on the ACF pages are to "personal-author-sites". Some
authors have *many* Freeware programs (the ACF pages probably list only
one or two). Some authors haven't been mentioned recently -> I'm sure
there are new programs to be found. . .

I extracted a list of the URLs on the ACF pages - removed some links
(Source Forge, Winsite, etc.) The list is still very long (too long to
post) so I've created a temporary page in the wiki:

http://acfwiki.pbwiki.com/TemporaryPage

The list is just a starting point -> please browse the links and post
information about the authors sites you think are interesting.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

ellis_jay

Susan said:
Anonymous wrote:
I extracted a list of the URLs on the ACF pages - removed some links
(Source Forge, Winsite, etc.)

Winsite I can understand but why Sourceforge? Have I missed something?

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

Susan Bugher

ellis_jay said:
Susan Bugher wrote:
Winsite I can understand but why Sourceforge? Have I missed something?

I was aiming for a quick and dirty list of *authors* web sites with
*multiple* programs. The vast majority of Source Forge projects are
single apps.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware