God Bless Svend Olaf Mikkelsen And His Partition Recovery Tools!

Reaction score
GOD BLESS SVEND OLAF MIKKELSEN AND HIS PARTITION RECOVERY TOOLS!

Dear folks,

I want to tell you my unusual story about a partition recovery.

During the resize of my partition something went wrong and the PC rebooted.

After reboot my partition with 120 GB data was lost – renamed in PQRP-Partition.

Some of the lost data were common applications, some were data with an old backup but (like in the real life) some of the lost data were unique (most were pictures and videos of my family).

I tried to find the right solution – searching for advises in internet and technical forums.

During the search I found a success stories about a recovery with a tool of the programmer Svend Olaf Mikkelsen. I read the instruction from his homepage http://www.partitionsupport.com and download the analysis tool Findpart. The tool analysed my disks and I sent the results via email to Svend Olaf pleasing him to help me.

My happiness was great when just the next day I received an answer with other tool for detailed analysis. This tool must be run twice – the first time to find how many data are lost and how many data aren’t damaged. In the second run the tool made a virtual correction / adjustment of the partition and reported how many data would still be lost after the correction and how many would be saved.

The comparison was incredible:

I had 26.262 files. Without adjustment 18.727 file would be lost and after adjustment – less then 1000.

First I made an image of my defect partition and started the script and…really – nearly all my data were recovered.

Then I tried the same procedures with a common recovery tool. I took the trial version of Easy recovery I started recovery process through my image.

The tool found without problems the lost partition and the lost data and could recover all data.

I did it because I wanted to have two recovery results – I thought that if some file from the first recovery is lost, maybe this file is saved in the second recovery.

At the end I tried to open some data and here comes the big surprise:

Svend Olaf’s recovered files were all OK.

The results of “Easy recovery” were very disappointing. All the data was recovered, but only the file names. The content was list. No pictures of my children, no funny videos, the applications couldn’t start, the documents couldn’t open.

After long analysis I found, that Easy recovery has only recovered about 30% of the data. I think that this were only the data that the analysis tool reported as not damaged.

This mean that “Easy recovery” hadn’t tried to recover the partition with adjustment and only read the data without care if they are corrupt or not.

Very sad results for such professional tool. I can’t understand why the companies want money for such useless tools.

And so big my happiness that in the world exist not only “professional” tools with useless results but a good people with deep know-how and will to help and to share the know-how.

I donated a small amount to Svend Olaf (as sole earner with wife and two children the money is always an issue in our home ;)).

But my thankfulness is endless.

GOD BLESS YOU SVEND OLAF MIKKELSEN AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND FOR YOUR DEEPEST KNOWLEDGE.

Ask a Question