    that the value in the goal seek cell is set to a certain value and that there
    is no way to minimize that value. Did I miss anything? Or I should just set
    value to zero to minimize it.

    Guest, Sep 18, 2006

    Dana DeLouis Guest

    > I would like to use the goal seek function to minimize the value in a
    > certain cell (total cost)

    Hi. It sounds like Excel's "Solver" would be a better tool. It's an
    Add-Inn, so first enable it via Tools > Add-Ins.. > Solver.
    Then run it with Tools > Solver...
    Hope this helps. Post back if you have any questions on Solver. :>)

    --
    Dana DeLouis
    Windows XP & Office 2003

    Dana DeLouis, Sep 18, 2006

    Dana DeLouis, Sep 18, 2006

    Seems that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot Dana.

    Guest, Sep 19, 2006

    Guest, Sep 19, 2006