Gigabyte X79-UD5 Motherboard

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Bjorn 3D have reviewed the Gigabyte X79-UD5 Motherboard, which rated well for performance and value for money, with special mention going to the 6 DIMM slots.

"This time around, we have GIGABYTE's X79-UD5 high-end motherboard, the top performance X79 chipset platform combined with Intel's flagship Core i7-3960X Extreme 6-Core processor.

With the release of the X79-UD5, GIGABYTE also introduced their latest features, a new Dual UEFI BIOS, and a new digital power design for the CPU and Memory, called 3D Power. While we've been waiting for these upgrades for a while now, it is also questionable whether we can call these new features 'upgrades'. Its not that we do not welcome new motherboard designs from GIGABYTE, but it's more about reliability / stability, and user friendliness we're looking for. There are a few down sides we've noticed with the current implementation of the digital power design and the new UEFI BIOS that comes on the X79-UD5, but we'll go into more details about that on the following pages."

Read the full review here.

Reaction score
Is it me or do most reviews head toward the singular Intel CPU set group more than a mixture of both Intel and AMD?

I'm sure there are plenty of reviews out there for both? However most labeled here are for Intel? I'm not critiquing Bex on the posts, only making observation!

I'm not looking at upgrading either. Now and then I do like to have a read through though :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Right now there are more motherboards being released for Intel as they have a new CPU coming up whereas the AMD market is kinda static atm hence not a great flurry of activity from manufacturers to release new AMD boards, the market's pretty much taken taken care of.

Is all :)

Reaction score
It makes you wonder then if AMD have been static for so long and not bringing out much
are they getting set to make a huge announcement?

The last I heard it was a 6core from AMD, but it didn't do much?

Even that was a loong while ago!

Last edited:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Floppybootstomp is right - there's just not much happening right now. As soon as I get some reviews in of a new AMD board I'll be sure to post one :)

Ask a Question