Ghosted Drive wont boot?

Scott Townsend

I've Ghosted a IBM Thinkpad HD and used the IMAGE ALL option. Its not
booting. Its like the MBR is not there or not active or something. I can
mount the drive in another PC and see all of the files that were ghosted.

How can I ghost a Drive that has the Special IBM preboot SW on it. I'd like
the main partion to use the Extra Free space on the new Drive and keep the
Diagnostics partition the same size.

Thanks,
Scott<-

Ghostrider

Scott said:
I've Ghosted a IBM Thinkpad HD and used the IMAGE ALL option. Its not
booting. Its like the MBR is not there or not active or something. I can
mount the drive in another PC and see all of the files that were ghosted.

How can I ghost a Drive that has the Special IBM preboot SW on it. I'd like
the main partion to use the Extra Free space on the new Drive and keep the
Diagnostics partition the same size.

Thanks,
Scott<-

Sometimes, the primary partition has to be made active.

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Scott,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, regarding the question about "How can I ghost a Drive that
has the Special IBM preboot SW on it", I suspect some third party Disk
ghost or image tools can do this. You may search in the internet.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Scott Townsend" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Ghosted Drive wont boot?
| Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:58:08 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
|
| I've Ghosted a IBM Thinkpad HD and used the IMAGE ALL option. Its not
| booting. Its like the MBR is not there or not active or something. I can
| mount the drive in another PC and see all of the files that were ghosted.
|

| How can I ghost a Drive that has the Special IBM preboot SW on it. I'd
like
| the main partion to use the Extra Free space on the new Drive and keep
the
| Diagnostics partition the same size.
|
| Thanks,
| Scott<-

Scott Townsend

I did use Ghost. I did use the Image ALL, Image Boot, etc options.

If I mount the Drive in another PC, its marked as Active.

Thanks,
Scott<-

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

This is Vincent who is Ken's backup.

As you said, If you mount the Drive in another PC, its marked as Active.
Therefore, it appears to be related to IBM hardware or software.Since this
issue may relate to hardware, I¡¯d like to recommend you work with the
manufacture for assistance with this. Please understand that we don¡¯t have
environment to reproduce and troubleshoot your issue, but please feel free
to involve me during the process of contacting the manufacture support, I
am glad to provide any information.

thanks for understanding.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others
may learn and benefit from this issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.

From: "Scott Townsend" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Ghosted Drive wont boot?
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 10:23:54 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hello Scott,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, regarding the question about "How can I ghost a Drive that
has the Special IBM preboot SW on it", I suspect some third party Disk
ghost or image tools can do this. You may search in the internet.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

rights.