Getting bound photographs into forms

R

ralphslot

I have a collection of photographs that I want to put
into Access XP. Trouble is, I can't get the picture to
show itself. I have managed to get the file name where I
want the picture, but don't seem to be able to get any
further.
Can anyone help, before I loose all my hair.

G

I'm looking for the same information. I just got a new computer at work with Office 2003 installed and it threw a monkey wrench in the works! It used to be very simple in Windows 98 for me to add employee photos to the personnel file database I had created in Access. I just clicked "Insert" , "Object" then went to Microsoft Photo Editor 3.0 in a drop down list of applications, found the specific employee's photo file and inserted it. Then, whenever I opened the employee's file, their photo appeared in a little box on the page with their basic employment information. Now, in 2003, Photo Editor is gone and the drop down list I get in "Insert" does not contain any photo program. The best I can do, like you, is get a file name printed in the box, but when I click that, it closes the information sheet and opens a full screen photo of the person...not at all what I want. Any help will be appreciated since this database has been in use for several years but I now cannot add any new hires to it in the format I want.

Ask a Question