Get a value of a VB.Net application from another VB.Net application

G

I would get a value of a VB.Net application from another session of the same VB.Net application..
I stored the value in a global variable and I would get this value from another session of the same VB.Net application..

The steps I'm implementing are

1) Look for if another instance of the same VB.Net application is running on the PC... (I found the code to implement it...
2) If another session is found, I would get the value of a variable, to compare it with the value stored in the active instance to do something..

Any idea ???
Thanks in advanc
n

M

Miha Markic

Hi Nicola,

Nicola said:
I would get a value of a VB.Net application from another session of the same VB.Net application...
I stored the value in a global variable and I would get this value from
another session of the same VB.Net application...
The steps I'm implementing are:

1) Look for if another instance of the same VB.Net application is running
on the PC... (I found the code to implement it...)
2) If another session is found, I would get the value of a variable, to
compare it with the value stored in the active instance to do something...
Any idea ????

Take a look at remoting.

H

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

* =?Utf-8?B?Tmljb2xh?= said:
I would get a value of a VB.Net application from another session of the same VB.Net application...
I stored the value in a global variable and I would get this value from another session of the same VB.Net application...

The steps I'm implementing are:

1) Look for if another instance of the same VB.Net application is running on the PC... (I found the code to implement it...)
2) If another session is found, I would get the value of a variable, to compare it with the value stored in the active instance to do something...

Remoting:

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconnetremotingoverview.asp>

Ask a Question