Generating text surrounded by quotation marks

I am looking for a way to make a text string to appear in quotation marks.

For example, if someone types in the text string Titanic in cell A1 I need
to be able to generate in cell B1 the exact text "Titanic" (with the quotes
visible around whatever is types in cell A1)

I can't figure it out. The use of quotation marks in formulae is compounding
the problem. Has anyone else ever solved this mystery.

Jeff

In B1 ="''" & A1 & "''"
that is a quote " then two ' then quote " at the beginning and end

T. Valko

Wait 'til you see all these quotes! <BG>

Try it like this:

=IF(A1="","",""""&A1&"""")

That's 4 double quotes on either side of &A1&

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"AaronQRules (a.k.a. Jeff)" <AaronQRules (a.k.a.
Jeff)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

David Biddulph

[4 sets of quotes at a time.]