GeForce 7600 GS on Vista 5600 (x64)

michta

I can't seem to get the Vista x64 drivers from NVIDIA working for my
Gigabyte GeForce 7600 GS PCIe video card. Initially Vista installs the WDDM
driver, but then disables the device (code 43). After I install the NVIDIA
96.33 drivers for x64, I restart my computer and Windows again disables it.
I have a Gigabyte motherboard with the Intel 82945G chipset and the onboard
video works, but I'd really like to see RC1 with the GeForce.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

JW

My MOBO manufacture released a new BIOS the same day RC1 was released so you
might check to be sure you have the latest from Gigabyte.
Do you have any BIOS settings related to which is your primary graphics
"card"?

michta

Updating the BIOS did the trick. Thanks JW.

There is no BIOS setting for setting the graphics, in fact Vista now doesn't
even show the onboard adapter, just the 7600.

Vista looks amazing and feels a lot faster now too.

Thanks again,
Mike