Games that work so far.

Here's my system setup and below is a list of working games and any issues I
have encountered.

eMachines w4620 Laptop
AMD Turion 64 M32 @ 1.8GHz
1024MB DDR2700
ATi x200 @ 128MB Ram (ATi Beta Drivers, Works)
Conexant AC97 Audio (DOES NOT WORK)
Conexant 56k Modem (Works)
Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet (Works)
Broadcom 802.11g Wireless (Works)
TexasIn. 4-in-1 Media Reader (Works)
Synoptics Touch Pad (Works)
(Keyboard, Sleep, Hibernate, etc... all Work)
(All USB and Firewire Connections Work, including Sandisk 1GB USB Drive and
Logitech Optical Mouse)

:Games Tested that WORK:
Diablo 2 w/ LOD Expansion - Version 1.11b (Runs Great)

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion - Version 1.1 (Performance is poor compared to
how it ran under Windows XP)

More to follow in the next few days.

Athlon XP 3200+
1GB Ram
Radeon 9800 Pro (128mb version)

System Rating 3

Games I have tested so far:

World of Warcraft - Runs well
Tomb Raider Legend - Some relatively minor graphical glitches
Armadillo Run - Can't detect 3D acceleration and runs impossibly slowly in
software mode.

Elder Scrolls 4 keeps crashing on me... can't get more than 2 minutes into
playing before it dies. Worked 100% on XP. Any ideas on how to make it
better?

milleron

Windows XP/SP2 Compatibility Mode?

--

Ron

bscuog said:
Elder Scrolls 4 keeps crashing on me... can't get more than 2 minutes into
playing before it dies. Worked 100% on XP. Any ideas on how to make it
better?

Jane C

Command and Conquer Generals and Zero Hour working fine here.

P4 3gig, I gig RAM, 256MB ATI gpu.

--
Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;)
"MrMunka"(e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Pendragon

AMD 3400 64 Semperon
2G RAM
nVidia 6800GT 256 nVidia Drivers (from main nVidia site)
Vista Public 32bit

Battlefield 2 works very well

Loads of problems before I reinstalled it...

I have a mishmash of games that work atm..
Diablo 2 looks fine, no sound (won't even let me highlight it in the options)
World of Warcraft . Sounds fine, but video's glitchy and I'm stuck at
1200x1024 on my widescreen monitor because it only gives me 4 options and the
last , 1600x1200 is just a tad too much
Everquest, looks great, but no sound
Guild Wars Looks and sounds nice
Elder Scrolls...couldn't make it past the into
City of Villans loaded once and ...it wasn't a pretty sight, now it keeps
crashing since i installed the nvidie 6800gt beta drivers

My system is an amd 4000+
1 gig
nvidea 6800gt
soundblaster audigy 2

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in, and maybe see if anyone had any ideas on
the sound issue with Diablo 2 and EQ.

Thanks much :)

I have a mishmash of games that work atm..
Diablo 2 looks fine, no sound (won't even let me highlight it in the options)
World of Warcraft . Sounds fine, but video's glitchy and I'm stuck at
1200x1024 on my widescreen monitor because it only gives me 4 options and the
last , 1600x1200 is just a tad too much
Everquest, looks great, but no sound
Guild Wars Looks and sounds nice
Elder Scrolls...couldn't make it past the into
City of Villans loaded once and ...it wasn't a pretty sight, now it keeps
crashing since i installed the nvidie 6800gt beta drivers

My system is an amd 4000+
1 gig
nvidea 6800gt
soundblaster audigy 2

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in, and maybe see if anyone had any ideas on
the sound issue with Diablo 2 and EQ.

Thanks much :)

Battlefield will run OK - Finally.
I had to reinstall twice but it finally started working Great!!
It now runs at least as fast as in XP
Run Battelfield as Admininistrator
Don't run as XP
This worked for me.
Vista build 5384, ATI X1900XTX, 2GB Ram

Ok here's my system and games that work and don't
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+
Asus A832R-MVP Deluxe
2 ATI X1600 Pro 256Mb cards (no crossfire support in Vista Beta 2 yet)
onboard Realtek 882 (7.1 - issues you'll find in posts here but made it work)
SATA2 RAID (two 250Gb Samsung 7,200rpm)
2Gb of low latency Kingston 533Mhz DDR2
Logitech G7 mouse
:dual booting with Windows XP Pro x64 so I should have most things work
between the two.

*issues, no firewire, no 7.1 only centre, fronts and subwoofer though 7.1 in
Vista sound tests. Digital web camera won't work, scanner won't work. No
Amd Cool 'N' Quiet support or PC Bell system reporting support. Vista
BitLocker Drive Encryption won't encrypt my drive, always fails. I gave up
though I have the requirements. Funny though how they would have to push
dual-boot or two volumes for this system. Probably so system builders can
sell more harddrives.

-Battlefield 2 and its expansions and boosters run great though no Crossfire
mode so had to reduce graphics for Special Forces which is a bummer
-Need For Speed: Most Wanted plays but timing is off due to code not written
for dual core, same issue in Windows XP Pro x64
-SimBin GTR won't run due to wrong OS error in CD check screen, same issue
in Windows XP Pro x64
-Game House Collapse II won't run or in any compatiablity mode
Unreal 2 worked in Windows XP Pro x64 but not in Windows 32-bit due to dual
core timing. It ran but REALLY fast, so I'm going to try and see if it'll
work in Vista, if not I'm dual booting anyways.
-Nero 7 Ultra Edition works great in Windows XP Pro x64 but not at all in
Vista 64
-Going to see if Warcraft III works on Vista 64 it did on XP Pro x64
-Madden 2006 won't work on XP Pro x64, dual core timing issues so going to
see if Vista can pickup the ball this time
-Unreal...yes the original Unreal works awesomely sick in Vista 64.

Overall what works works great or better. What doesn't well, I already knew
it wouldn't because of the dual core causing timing issues, but Vista's
emulator has seemed to have fixed a few games to run anyways. Funny how some
work adn some don't and how some old games work and some don't. The least
expected, Unreal works great but a cheap Windows game, Collapse II
won't...funny.

:UPDATE:
SNES9x - Version 1.43 (Works good, all video modes except OpenGL work fine.)

zSNES - Version 1.42 (Works good, all video modes work fine.)

Diablo 2 w/ LOD Expansion - Version 1.11b (Game crashes when moving from one
world to the next, something to do with the cutsenes that play. This is not
the case with a charactor that moves across worlds via the waypoint system
where the cutsenes are not played or have already been played.)

Civilization IV works fine for me. No obvious difference in performance from
XP.

(Athlon 64 2.4GHz, GeForce 6800 HS, 2 GB RAM)

johns

So far Syberia 2, Cod2, Longest Journey, Far Cry,
HL2,

system Dell 9100 with nVidia 6800 vanilla

johns

FreeSpace 2, Halo, Startrek Voyager Elite Force, Aoe III, and testing others..

Most of them work well, but we still need the OpenGL support from ATI and
Nvidia, the software wrapper in Vista does the job, but i'ts limited.

Phil Tesone

Got my OpenGL games to work fine, as I've mentioned in another post,
I have an NVIDIA card and am using older 5656 XP drivers for vista. . .
All my GL games work including:
Prey Demo
Quake 4
Doom 3
Medal of Honor
etc. ..

well, if you use old ones, you don't get Glass, anyway, Dungeon Siege, works
great, Tron 2 too.

well, if you use old ones, you don't get Glass, anyway, Dungeon Siege, works
great, Tron 2 too.

The only game I could get to work was SIMS2. All games like Collaps, soda
Pipes, Pandora'Box,puzzel games and the like won't work in ANY mode! Too bad
:-(

The only game I could get to run right was SIMS2. Other games like collaps,
soda pipes, Pandora's box (puzzel type games) did a crash and burn! What a
shame! :-(