Fuzzy still:(

G

As you can tell from other posts I am beginning at this. I really want to learn how to do this and become better at it, but it is starting to get a little frustrating, which I guess comes with learning something new

Anyway, my still pics are still fuzzy when I save to my computer and replay in MS Media Player. I am saving as DV-AVI(NTSC). This is 4:3 at 720x480 Bit rate is 30 mbps AVI file. When I replay this, my pics are fuzzy. I save the same project in the option that says best for replay on computer, and it saves at 640x480, 864kbps, WMV, and it plays fine. My end product, I want to play as a VCD on my DVD player to my TV

I'm getting to the point where I am going to delete all my pics and rescan, even though my pics from scanning are not fuzzy. When I scan these picks I will scan at 300DPI. Should I also try to adjust my resolution as well? Any other help would be appreciated

Thanks

G

scan at 300dpi save as TIFF file, take to Photoshop, pull up photo, click on filter at top, go down to sharpen then clic
on unsharp mask, sharpen to desire, then save as max. jpeg.

G

Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media

making sure the pictures are the right size for dv-avi ntsc, so they need to
be in a 4.3 shape.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.simplydv.co.uk

Buddy said:
scan at 300dpi save as TIFF file, take to Photoshop, pull up photo, click
on filter at top, go down to sharpen then click

G

I understand that I should scan pics at 4:3 ration. I'm just not sure how to do that. All I can do when I scan is set the DPI to 300. After the initial scan and the pic is in the window, I can adjust the pixel Heigth and width, but not sure what to adjust it to. I know for DV-AVI the display size is 720x480, but when I adjust the pic to that, the pic is no longer anything what it originally looked like.

R

Rich

AUjack said:
I understand that I should scan pics at 4:3 ration. I'm just not sure how
to do that. All I can do when I scan is set the DPI to 300. After the
initial scan and the pic is in the window, I can adjust the pixel Heigth and
width, but not sure what to adjust it to. I know for DV-AVI the display
size is 720x480, but when I adjust the pic to that, the pic is no longer
anything what it originally looked like.

You are going to have to "crop" your images rather than stretch or pull them
to the size you want.

I use a very old version of ThumbsPlus to do my cropping but you can also
use IrfanView which a free:

http://www.irfanview.com/

Rich

Ask a Question