Furthest you've ever been?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I know some people that haven't even been more than 100miles away from their house, and yet others that have seen the world. Whats the furthest you've been away?

Lanzarote and Greece are probably the furthest I'd been - not exactly the other end of the globe, but I'm working on it :)

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Too much European travel for business, :( but I reckon it would have to be Barbados for pleasure (and I'm off there again this Friday so you will all have peace and quiet from me for a week or so).:D

Reaction score
Furthest i have been is the Isle of Wightwith school lol. Sad i know, im 18 but should be going on holiday abroad next year.

Reaction score
I once made it to the pub and back un-aided :)

But seriously, last time I was out of the uk I was about 5! But I darnt tell you how long ago that was lol and that was only to germany when my dad was based over there in the Army. We was thinking about venturing abroad on hols next summer - but with a very recent addition to the family :) I thinks it will have to be delayed another year :blush:

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Breadcake said:
I once made it to the pub and back un-aided :)

But seriously, last time I was out of the uk I was about 5! But I darnt tell you how long ago that was lol and that was only to germany when my dad was based over there in the Army. We was thinking about venturing abroad on hols next summer - but with a very recent addition to the family :) I thinks it will have to be delayed another year :blush:
Congratulations!

Thats for the new addtion, not for making it home from the pub un-aided:D

Reaction score
South Georgia - 800 miles South of the Falkland Islands, during a seven month stint in the Falklands.

penelope.jpg

shackleton.jpg

Reaction score
Furthest i have been is all the way to Australia. Went there for a month over x-mas and new year to see my auntie who moved over there a few years back. I am going Canada this coming Easter ! so thats another addition ! :p

other than that i have been around Europe a fair amount !. French Alps, South of France, Portugal, Greece, Spain. :)

Reaction score
Peru. Went to see Machu Picchu high in the Andes. Bloody awesome it was too! :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Lived out in the Middle East as a child with my parents being in the Forces, then as an adult I've been to Australia, Fiji, Japan and various other Far Eastern Countries.

My favorite is probably Hong Kong - I found it a really vibrant exciting place.:)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Nairobi the farthest in the south, Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, Nara, Kyoto and Hiroshima) in the east, London in the west and Lanzhou Northern China towards the north.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I haven't really travelled that much in terms of distance.

But I been all over England/Scotland/Wales, there is so much diversity and scenery to see in this little Island of ours :)

And some great people.

Lemme see, I been to:

France
Belgium
Holland
Spain
Tenerife
IOW :D

Tenerife the furthest I ever been, I suppose.

But I plan to work on it ;)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
ukJAG said:
South Georgia - 800 miles South of the Falkland Islands, during a seven month stint in the Falklands.

Wow! Amazing piccys ukJAG.

You guy's have been to so many far away & exotic places. Way down here everywhere is a L-O-N-G way away (both in distance & in $$$$). Furthest I've ever been is Australia. Back & fourthed a lot as a kid as all my Mum's relatives live there. Last time I was there was when I was 20 odd. Been too busy raising babies since I graduated to go much of anywhere.

By the way, congrats CITech, both for the pub trip & the new addition :D.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Lived out in the Middle East as a child with my parents being in the Forces, then as an adult I've been to Australia, Fiji, Japan and various other Far Eastern Countries.

My favorite is probably Hong Kong - I found it a really vibrant exciting place.:)
Knock me down with a feather, Snap ... did not do Fiji though ... but can add most of Europe and and my choice to retire to would be Singapore ... when where you in HK then Ady?

Now we have to find that pick of Jalam-jambo-bato ... :D

Chris Pickering

Monkey Island Fanboy
Reaction score
I've not been out of the UK for a decade now :(

Hopefully I'll buck that trend next year and get to E3, and fit in a nice little holiday around that :)

Reaction score
hello.........WHAT KINDA FORUM IZ THIZ..?? AND DA FATRHWEST I BEEN IZ ABOUT 1000 MILEZZZZZ

LOVE, CEREAL:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hi globetrotters,
Been to Spain, once, to me a field is a field and a town is a town where ever it is. I like to be able to read the road signs,know when someone is talking about me and travel on the right, sorry left, side of the road.
Sad I know and I do enjoy the sunshine but I would rather spend the money on something that last longer than a week or two.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The furthest I've been from England is Washington and NY :)

I'm off to Dorset today for a few days to see my folks... does that count?? ;)

Reaction score
Furthest i have been is Tamania, but also been to Australia, South Africa, America and most European Countries.

Havent been to Scotland tho lol

Ask a Question