Function or Formula to show the value from above cell

ytayta555

Hi everybody , and a good day !

A B C D E
row 1 1 2 3 4 5
row 2 2 4 7 1 88
row 3
row 4

I need a function or formula , which if in
row 2 , range A2:E2 , the value is 1 (for
eg.) , to return me the value of above cell
of the value I look for ;
In this case , to return value 4 ;
If I look for value 88 in row 2 , range
A2:E2 , to return 5 .
Thank you very much for your knowledge
share .

David Biddulph

Please understand.
Saying "pls click YES ..." is a waste of your time and ours unless the
person to whom you are replying happens also to be posting his message
through Microsoft's web interface to the newsgroup. For the rest of us who
post to the newsgroup by more conventional means, the talk of a YES button
is meaningless, and for newer contributors to the group it is confusing.

Don Guillett

And, I feel it is much better to go thru the email route such as.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups

Jarek Kujawa

I DO understand that
Now "Please understand" Dave
I did not mean to waste YOUR time
though I think you're wasting it to frequently for posting meaningless
comments to my posts
thanks anyway

don't click YES if it helped

Jarek Kujawa

thanks Don, I'll consider that
however I cannot do it from my office

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk> wrote in message

Please understand.
Saying "pls click YES ..." is a waste of your time and ours unless the
person to whom you are replying happens also to be posting his message
through Microsoft's web interface to the newsgroup.  For the rest of us
who post to the newsgroup by more conventional means, the talk of a YES
button is meaningless, and for newer contributors to the group it is
confusing.

- Poka¿ cytowany tekst -

Don Guillett

You do yourself NO favor by alienating a frequent and helpful poster. I
think he was just trying to help you understand that not all use that method
and the click IS meaningless. My thought is that no one looks anyway.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel