FSMO error from DCDIAG

G

One of DC's is returning the following error when running DCDIAG /v

“ Starting test: KnowsOfRoleHolder
Role Schema Owner = CN=NTDS Settings,CN=MICHAEL,CN=Servers,CN=Corp,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=plumtree,DC=co
Role Domain Owner = CN=NTDS Settings,CN=MICHAEL,CN=Servers,CN=Corp,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=plumtree,DC=co
Role PDC Owner = CN=NTDS Settings,CN=ATLAS,CN=Servers,CN=APAC,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=plumtree,DC=co
Role Rid Owner = CN=NTDS Settings,CN=ATLAS,CN=Servers,CN=APAC,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=plumtree,DC=co
Role Infrastructure Update Owner = CN="NTDS Settings DEL:7fd8c600-2765-4903-b96f- bb3f9f130c3f",CN=HADES,CN=Servers,CN=SanJose,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=plumtree,DC=co
Warning: CN="NTDS Setting
DEL:7fd8c600-2765-4903-b96f-bb3f9f130c3f",CN=HADES,CN=Servers,CN=SanJose,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=plumtree,DC=com is the Infrastructure Update Owner, but is deleted
......................... HADES failed test KnowsOfRoleHoldersâ€

Does anyone know why this is? I have 9 other DC's and this is the only one getting this error. What's the first thing to look for when this error occurs? Thank

S

Simon Geary

Be careful when seizing FSMO roles as Microsoft warn that when a FSMO role
is seized the server that it was seized from should never be brought back
online (except in the case of the PDC Emulator). A bit late now I suppose
but you should keep a close eye on your DC's to see if any problems are
caused.

Ed said:
Never mind, i fixed it. I seized it from another computer, then gracefully
transferred it back to original. It's all good now.

Ask a Question