Event ID: 13506
Date: 21.07.2004
Time: 09:34:23
User: N/A
Computer: GTER-SRV1
The File Replication Service failed a consistency check
(!"DIR_DIR Morph Conflict where Orig Guid in CO equals IDTrecord")
in "ChgOrdGenMorphCo:" at line 5537.

The File Replication Service will restart automatically at a later
time. If this problem persists a subsequent entry in this event log
describes the recovery procedure.
For more information about the automatic restart right click on My
Computer and then click on Manage, System Tools, Services, File
Replication Service, and Recovery.

After this Event, the Event with the ID 13555 is olso in the Event
Viewer.

I found nothing in the Technet. One Entry in the Technet is for
Windows 2000 with sp2. We have SP4 Installed.

Have anybody see this Problem

Thanks for all Answers

David Pharr [MSFT]

The initial error seems to indicate that there is a morphed directory
where the originating guid (globally unique id) in the change order in the
ID Table record. Do you perform an authoritative restore on one DC, or is
there a folder in Sysvol that has _NTFRS_xxxxxxxx appended to the end of
it?

For troubleshooting FRS, download the FRS Monitoring Help file found at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/fileandprint/file/df
s/tshootfrs.mspx. It contains an FRS troubleshooting guide that may assist
you with your issue.

To find out information about the cause of the morphed folder, open the
ultrasound.chm file, click on the Search tab, type Morphed in the box and
click List Topics. That will give you a good explanation as to the cause
and resolution for morphed folders.

On the Contents tab of ultrasound.chm, there are three sections that you
may wish to review - FRS Overview, FRS Best Practices and Troubleshooting
FRS. Troubleshooting FRS will give you options to fix any problems you
encounter with FRS. There is also an Appendix section that outlines the
various error messages that FRS displays.

David Pharr, (e-mail address removed)