frontpage2003 searching my site

debbie pearson

I need to be able to search each individual book inventory record by title,
author, and keyword. The search on front page will only search a document.
Is there any way to accomplish this. Example: http://www.hookedonhistory.com

Thomas A. Rowe

You will have write a custom search function or modify the current search function in whatever
server-side scripting language is being used to display your database content. Suggest you contact
the author of the your shopping cart application, etc.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

debbie pearson

Yes, my book inventory is in a data base. I have imported the records into
front page as web pages created in a program called webwriter pro. About 900
pages and 17,000 records. For example: front page search will bring up the
pages that the title, or author is on but not just the individual record.

debbie pearson

Hello Kathleen,

No, my book inventory is not in access. I have microsoft office and works
but that is not included. Any other suggestions?

Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]

No, but if you tell us what kind of database your book inventory is in, and
what kind of server your site is hosted on, maybe someone else can help.

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

debbie pearson said:
Hello Kathleen,

No, my book inventory is not in access. I have microsoft office and
works but that is not included. Any other suggestions?
Kathleen Anderson said:
If your book inventory is in an Access database, and your site is
hosted on a Windows server that supports Access and ASP, you could
use the Database Results Wizard to create your own search pages to
search the database.

--

debbie pearson said:
Yes, my book inventory is in a data base. I have imported the
records into front page as web pages created in a program called
webwriter pro. About 900 pages and 17,000 records. For example:
front page search will bring up the pages that the title, or author
is on but not just the individual record.