FrontPage Forms

Emmett Power

Hi,

I have a form on an FP2002 page. The form was created through the FP
Form Wizard. I am saving to both a CSV file and Email. The problem is
that one of the fields is missing from both the CSV file and the
confirmation email.

Form Properties - Saved fields shows the field name as saved. I have
tried recalculating the hyperlinks and deleting the csv file with no
luck.

Also when the form is saved to the CSV file it is saved with the
labels down the page rather than across it.

Does anybody have any idea what is going on here and how to rectify
these problems?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Emmett Power

Thomas A. Rowe

Drop the labels from the CSV file.

Remove the field from your form, then re-add it, then under form properties,
remove all fields in the Save Field dialog, then select to Save all.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Stefan B Rusynko

PS also make sure the field name is legal - no spaces or punctuation

--

| Drop the labels from the CSV file.
|
| Remove the field from your form, then re-add it, then under form properties,
| remove all fields in the Save Field dialog, then select to Save all.
|
| --
|
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
|
| FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
| MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| ==============================================
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|
| | > Hi,
| >
| > I have a form on an FP2002 page. The form was created through the FP
| > Form Wizard. I am saving to both a CSV file and Email. The problem is
| > that one of the fields is missing from both the CSV file and the
| > confirmation email.
| >
| > Form Properties - Saved fields shows the field name as saved. I have
| > tried recalculating the hyperlinks and deleting the csv file with no
| > luck.
| >
| > Also when the form is saved to the CSV file it is saved with the
| > labels down the page rather than across it.
| >
| > Does anybody have any idea what is going on here and how to rectify
| > these problems?
| >
| > Thanks in advance for any help.
| >
| > Regards
| >
| > Emmett Power

Stefan B Rusynko

And which field gets lost?
Since you are processing the results w/ ASP (not the FP forms handler) are you handling all fields correctly in your ASP
--

| Hi Guys,
|
| The form is on:
| http://www.biopartnering2003.com/BioPartnering2003/Biopartnering2003SurveyPage4.asp
|
| Included in:
|
| http://www.biopartnering2003.com/BioPartnering2003/Biopartnering2003SurveyPage4.asp
|
| I have tried what you suggested Thomas. No luck I'm afraid.
|
| Thanks for the help.
|
| Emmett Power
|

| (e-mail address removed) (Emmett Power) wrote in message | > Hi,
| >
| > I have a form on an FP2002 page. The form was created through the FP
| > Form Wizard. I am saving to both a CSV file and Email. The problem is
| > that one of the fields is missing from both the CSV file and the
| > confirmation email.
| >
| > Form Properties - Saved fields shows the field name as saved. I have
| > tried recalculating the hyperlinks and deleting the csv file with no
| > luck.
| >
| > Also when the form is saved to the CSV file it is saved with the
| > labels down the page rather than across it.
| >
| > Does anybody have any idea what is going on here and how to rectify
| > these problems?
| >
| > Thanks in advance for any help.
| >
| > Regards
| >
| > Emmett Power

Thomas A. Rowe

Emmett,

Since you are using form is ASP, you have to use ASP to process the form
data, which means you will have to custom code a function actually write to
a file in the file system via the FileSystemObject and if sending email, use
a ASP email component.

The functions for writing to a file via the FP Form component do not apply
when using any other method, other than the defaults.