FrontPage crashes when inserting pictures

G

FrontPage 2002 with Windows 98. FP crashes when I try to add a picture (from a file). The error message is a general protection fault with 3DFX16V3.DRV. Can anyone help? FP used to work fine on this machine.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Did you recently upgrade your video driver (3DFX16V3.DRV) or run Windows Update?

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

DD said:
FrontPage 2002 with Windows 98. FP crashes when I try to add a picture (from a file). The error
message is a general protection fault with 3DFX16V3.DRV. Can anyone help? FP used to work fine on
this machine.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

As a workaround, import the image into the web, then insert on your page by drag-n-drop.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

DD said:
FrontPage 2002 with Windows 98. FP crashes when I try to add a picture (from a file). The error
message is a general protection fault with 3DFX16V3.DRV. Can anyone help? FP used to work fine on
this machine.

G

I regularly run Windows update, so yes - I did. I have not updated the driver (too my knowledge, anyway).

T

Thomas A. Rowe

In the future please do not snip previous content from the posting, as many will not have a clue to
what you are responding to.

The error message indicated the video driver as the source of the problem. You can try rolling back
the driver under System Properties | Hardware or visiting the Video Card manufacturer's web site for
updated drivers.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

DD said:
I regularly run Windows update, so yes - I did. I have not updated the driver (too my knowledge,
anyway).

G

Thanks, the shortcut is a hassle, but at least it works. Thanks for your help. Luckily, I only have problems on my home computer and I don't do much editing there.

----- Thomas A. Rowe wrote: -----

As a workaround, import the image into the web, then insert on your page by drag-n-drop.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

DD said:
this machine.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

The best method for working with images in FP, has always been to import them into the web first,
then insert on your page.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

dd said:
Thanks, the shortcut is a hassle, but at least it works. Thanks for your help. Luckily, I only
have problems on my home computer and I don't do much editing there.

Ask a Question