FrontPage 2003 error

G

Hi,

I installed FP2003 and have loaded in my site. After a short time working, I get the following error:

Couldn't open file C:\Documents and Settings\Gary\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\FrontPageTempDir\03ab8b5f.htm

I get this error several times, and after the page finally loads, I notice that the includes won't show.

When I check the directories, I find that the FrontPageTempDir is actually in C:\Documents and Settings\Gary\Local Settings\Temp directory.

Is there a way to change the directory that FP2003 uses and why would I get this error?

Thanks for the help!!
Gary

A

Abraham

Did you tell Front Page where to create the site when you
first created it? I would just create it on one of my hard
drives and not in a temp directory.
-----Original Message-----
Hi,

I installed FP2003 and have loaded in my site. After a
short time working, I get the following error:
Couldn't open file C:\Documents and Settings\Gary\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\FrontPageTempDir\03ab8b5f.htm
I get this error several times, and after the page
finally loads, I notice that the includes won't show.
When I check the directories, I find that the
FrontPageTempDir is actually in C:\Documents and
Settings\Gary\Local Settings\Temp directory.
Is there a way to change the directory that FP2003 uses
and why would I get this error?

K

Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FP]

A few people on the FPList at YahooGroups have reported the same problem -
including me. Some workarounds are:

Close FrontPage and then open it again
Close FrontPage, delete the files in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local
Settings\Temp\FrontPageTempDir, delete your *.web files, and then reopen
FrontPage.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Depending on your setup (network) your profile size may be limited

To set a different default location for all your temp files (say C:\_Temp) in Win XP, create the folder (C:\_Temp) then Right Click
My Computer for Properties - Advanced (Environment Variables) and edit the TEMP and TMP variables (for user and system) to point to
the new folder

--

| Hi,
|
| I installed FP2003 and have loaded in my site. After a short time working, I get the following error:
|
| Couldn't open file C:\Documents and Settings\Gary\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\FrontPageTempDir\03ab8b5f.htm
|
| I get this error several times, and after the page finally loads, I notice that the includes won't show.
|
| When I check the directories, I find that the FrontPageTempDir is actually in C:\Documents and Settings\Gary\Local Settings\Temp
directory.
|
| Is there a way to change the directory that FP2003 uses and why would I get this error?
|
| Thanks for the help!!
| Gary

Ask a Question