FrontPage 2002 Exits on Publish

T

The Merg

I am using FP 2002 with Windows XP Home. Recently, when I publish my website, FP states that it is listing the pages and then just exits/closes with no error message. The publish log is also empty. No changes are published either. This is when I have publishing to be for "Changed Pages Only". If I change the setting to "Publish All Pages", the site will publish fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
The Merg

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Since you have had some publishing errors do some clean up of FP Temp and META cache files
1) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all FP Temp Files
Usually in C:\WINDOWS\Temp and %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
2) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all hidden *.web files
Usually in %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache
The open both the local and remote sites in FP and run a Tool Recalculate Hyperlinks

--

I am using FP 2002 with Windows XP Home. Recently, when I publish my website, FP states that it is listing the pages and then just
exits/closes with no error message. The publish log is also empty. No changes are published either. This is when I have publishing
to be for "Changed Pages Only". If I change the setting to "Publish All Pages", the site will publish fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
The Merg

Ask a Question