Windows Vista French police decide against Vista. !!!!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm not going to post any witty comments as I do not want to be accused of Windows bashing. I'll just let the facts speak for themselves. :p

http://www.unixmen.com/news-today/186-french-police-switch-from-windows-to-linux

“Moving from Microsoft XP to Vista would not have brought us many advantages and Microsoft said it would require training of users. Moving from XP to Ubuntu, however, proved very easy. The two biggest differences are the icons and the games. Games are not our priority.”

"Importantly, the Gendarmerie’s reduced IT budget contradicts Microsoft’s arguments that the ‘total cost of ownership’ of Windows is less than Linux, because Windows supposedly needs much less support and integration work than Linux does. The lower actual dollars being spent on IT in the French national police disproves Microsoft’s argument — in this organisation, at least."

I did laught at the " Games are not our priority.” quote .
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
I'm not going to post any witty comments as I do not want to be accused of Windows bashing. I'll just let the facts speak for themselves. :p

Why stop the habit of a lifetime? :D

Dollars? I thought the French currency was francs :confused:

And does Ubuntu have recipes for Frogs' Legs and Snails? :)

Ok, ok, cheap shot but I couldn't resist... :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
“Since 2004 has saved 50 million euro on licences for standard office applications, hardware and maintenance.”

You can buy a lot of frogs legs and snails with that even if you have to shop for em yerself.

You could never be described as cheap flops :D

Ask a Question