Freeware to print out BIOS setup?

tivoli0

Hello everybody,

Is there any freeware to print out BIOS setup?

Thanks for any info!

-Tivoli0

John Corliss

tivoli0 said:
Hello everybody,

Is there any freeware to print out BIOS setup?

Thanks for any info!

There may be, but usually it never works with all the different types of
BIOSs out there.

If you have a digital camera, you can put it on a steady surface, turn
off the flash and then take pictures of each BIOS screen. Next, use your
favorite graphics editor (for instance, Photofiltre at
http://www.photofiltre.com) to convert the images to black and white,
then reverse the images so that they're black text on a white background
and either save the images to a CD or print them out.

This is what I did, and it works very well.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc, for instance. No

Terry

Is there any freeware to print out BIOS setup?

If you have a printer connected to the parallel port, you can usually
use the print-screen button to print the pages while viewing them.

Terry

Susan Bugher

tivoli0 said:
Is there any freeware to print out BIOS setup?

I believe you can save and print settings with this app.

Program: Bios 1.35.1
Author: (Matthias Bockelkamp)
Install: CLI
W: --
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.geocities.com/mbockelkamp
http://mbockelkamp.dyndns.org/mbockelkamp/mysoft_d.htm

Bios 1.35.1 (24 kB)
http://webcounter.goweb.de/16210LINK-5&http://homepages.uni-paderborn.de/mbockelk/bios1351.zip
http://mbockelkamp.dyndns.org/mbockelkamp/bios1351.zip

<q>
- Saving and restoring the BIOS settings
- Validating actual settings to saved settings
- Deleting the BIOS settings (there are some strange cases...)
- Displaying information about the BIOS, BIOS Extensions and BIOS beepcodes
- Finding BIOS passwords for Award, Ami, Phoenix and AST BIOS
- Finding BIOS universal passwords for Award BIOS
- Dumping the whole BIOS segment to disk
- Switching the 1st and 2nd level caches on/off
- Turning the PC into Suspend or Stand-By mode (requires APM 1.1+)
- Turning off the PC (requires APM 1.2+)
- Rebooting the PC (cold/warm/int19)
</q>

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Roger Johansson

I believe you can save and print settings with this app.

I tried this program now. It saves settings to txt file, or dumps all
content to a file, but neither is readable by humans. I tried the info
function too, gives very little info about the maker of the bios,
version, date, etc..
I had another bios program, bios-wizard, and tried that too, it didn't
give info about settings either.

Problem still unsolved, if we are looking for human readable info on
settings.

Susan Bugher

Roger said:
Susan Bugher wrote:
Problem still unsolved, if we are looking for human readable info on
settings.

rats. . . but good to know that's not a solution. . . big thanks
for the feedback Roger. :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Roger Johansson

rats. . . but good to know that's not a solution. . . big thanks
for the feedback Roger. :)

It sounded good, because we think that it's readable when we hear the
words text file, but the author of bios meant the file format he saved
data to, obviously.