Bargain Freebie

Reaction score
Haven't posted any freebies in ages so......

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/winutilities-pro-9-98/

WinUtilities is an award winning collection of tools to optimize and speedup your system performance. This suite contains utilities to clean registry, temporary files on your disks, erase your application and internet browser history, cache and cookies. You can control startup programs that load automatically with windows, find duplicate files, fix broken shortcuts and uninstall unneeded software. Other features include secure file deletion, recycle bin shredding, cleaning tasks scheduling and undelete deleted files.

Make sure you dont install the "Ask" toolbar that comes with it....unless you really want it lol.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Sounds OK but I think very like CCleaner ( always free, not just today).

I, and I think many PCR members, already use CCleaner and are happy with it.

:wave:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
I also use CCleaner. Simple to use. Also, nothing beats the free tools included in Windows to do that already.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
+1 for CCleaner.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd seriously beware those 'clean-up' programs, I haven't come across one yet that is any use at all. In fact I've seen many cause problems.

Stick to Crap Cleaner, defrag, AV & Malware scans and Windows own clean up facilities.

Sorry Capn' but just saying as I've seen.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
If anybody does decide to go for this freebie, watch out for the ASK toolbar that gets installed even though you have unchecked the check box :mad:

Reaction score
If anybody does decide to go for this freebie, watch out for the ASK toolbar that gets installed even though you have unchecked the check box :mad:

Sorry to hear you got caught with the toolbar.....i thought i mentioned that.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you got caught with the toolbar.....i thought i mentioned that.

Yeah I seen what you siad, but as my post said, even though I unchecked the check box it still installed.After running the freebie, I say the only bit of it that works is the duplicate file bit.I still had to run Ccleaner to clear history etc. Oh well I had a look :)

Ask a Question