Free Photo Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good, FREE, piece of photo editing software? I don't need anything too in-depth, just something to touch up red-eye, remove stray hairs from my girlfriends chest (don't ask) etc. I went to a wedding this weekend and took some excellent photots which needed just a bit of a touching up....Took ages in Microsoft Paint..........Any ideas?

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I too can highly recommend www.gimp.org for a free photo editor. But also check out computing magazines in your newsagent, as they often have great freeware and/or shareware editors on the coverdiscs.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Gimp is an alternate for Photo Shop hence is having a pretty steep learning curve however it is very good. If one needs a simple photo editor the best and fastest is Irfan View as already indicated on this thread. Another way of editing photos is to use the supplied software with the digital camera as it is tailor made and works much better for the pictures taken.

In terms of software rating the general opinion of the photography community is that Nikon bundles one of the best (Nikon View) with Canon in second place, unfortunately the worst being Sony. I personally have used software of almost all cameras since I have recommended them to many and I too agree that the software supplied with Sony handycams and digital cameras leave a lot to be desired. I do not own a Sony digital camera but surely have the Sony Handycam andthe software is nothing to write home about. The only thing going in favour of Sony Digital Cameras is the Zeiss lenses they use on the mid to high price models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question