FP 2003 Upload trouble

G

Hi everyone
I am using FP 2003 to generate my pages then CuteFTP to upload. The internal FTP publish client takes FOREVER to list the host files. So Last nite I update a page hit the ftp to upload then go to another machine hit F5 to refresh and Voila! (sp?) It is still the old page! So I dink around for about an hour trying to get the stinking page to upload - finally in major frustration I just delete it off of the website with the FTP and re upload it - IT WORKED!! Go to bed sleep peacefully and go back to the website this afternoon modify 6 pages with minor stuff and try to republish again using CuteFTP. Dink with this thing for ANOTHER hour and a half!!! Finally again being highly frustrated - Use CuteFTP to WIPE the entire site hit F5 on my test machine and sure enough it is gone. Reupload the entire website thinking it worked last nite only to crash and burn again!!! Finally went to each page modified1 font characteristic immediatly save immediatly hit cuteftp to upload then go to my test box hit F5 and low and behold there is the updated page. FINALLY!! Do this same procedure for EACH and every page that has been modified in order to get this site back up and running

What am I doing wrong?

At one point I was even opening the files in my local folder manually with a browser and it showed the old page but Frontpage insisted it was the new page and had been saved successfully.

Please - I dont want to bald this young - does anyone have a fix. And yes all updates both XP and Office have been applied

Thanks
Brad

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Crash_Gordon=AE?=

Don't use FTP, use FP's Publish.

Using Publish will eliminate LOTS of problems, and it only takes forever once in a while (when you chose to compare and overwrite) after that all you have to do is let it "refresh" - that's my term.

hth.

Robo

| Hi everyone.
| I am using FP 2003 to generate my pages then CuteFTP to upload. The internal FTP publish client takes FOREVER to list the host files. So Last nite I update a page hit the ftp to upload then go to another machine hit F5 to refresh and Voila! (sp?) It is still the old page! So I dink around for about an hour trying to get the stinking page to upload - finally in major frustration I just delete it off of the website with the FTP and re upload it - IT WORKED!! Go to bed sleep peacefully and go back to the website this afternoon modify 6 pages with minor stuff and try to republish again using CuteFTP. Dink with this thing for ANOTHER hour and a half!!! Finally again being highly frustrated - Use CuteFTP to WIPE the entire site hit F5 on my test machine and sure enough it is gone. Reupload the entire website thinking it worked last nite only to crash and burn again!!! Finally went to each page modified1 font characteristic immediatly save immediatly hit cuteftp to upload then go to my test box hit F5 and low and behold there is the updated page. FINALLY!! Do this same procedure for EACH and every page that has been modified in order to get this site back up and running.
|
| What am I doing wrong??
|
| At one point I was even opening the files in my local folder manually with a browser and it showed the old page but Frontpage insisted it was the new page and had been saved successfully.
|
| Please - I dont want to bald this young - does anyone have a fix. And yes all updates both XP and Office have been applied.
|
| Thanks
| Brad

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Crash_Gordon=AE?=

Also, keep in mind some servers take a while (hours) to display changes ....aol is one of them I believe.

| Hi everyone.
| I am using FP 2003 to generate my pages then CuteFTP to upload. The internal FTP publish client takes FOREVER to list the host files. So Last nite I update a page hit the ftp to upload then go to another machine hit F5 to refresh and Voila! (sp?) It is still the old page! So I dink around for about an hour trying to get the stinking page to upload - finally in major frustration I just delete it off of the website with the FTP and re upload it - IT WORKED!! Go to bed sleep peacefully and go back to the website this afternoon modify 6 pages with minor stuff and try to republish again using CuteFTP. Dink with this thing for ANOTHER hour and a half!!! Finally again being highly frustrated - Use CuteFTP to WIPE the entire site hit F5 on my test machine and sure enough it is gone. Reupload the entire website thinking it worked last nite only to crash and burn again!!! Finally went to each page modified1 font characteristic immediatly save immediatly hit cuteftp to upload then go to my test box hit F5 and low and behold there is the updated page. FINALLY!! Do this same procedure for EACH and every page that has been modified in order to get this site back up and running.
|
| What am I doing wrong??
|
| At one point I was even opening the files in my local folder manually with a browser and it showed the old page but Frontpage insisted it was the new page and had been saved successfully.
|
| Please - I dont want to bald this young - does anyone have a fix. And yes all updates both XP and Office have been applied.
|
| Thanks
| Brad

Ask a Question