formula to search and find item sheet1 copy to sheet 2

K

kenny

i need to find an item in a colunm on sheet1 and auto copy that items row of info to sheet2. sheet1 changes with each import of data as to where "wings" may be on line 27 one time and move to 29 on the next import. so i need to search colunm B for "wings", when "wings" is found copy that row of info to sheet2 to create a list on sheet2.the formula will need to be adjustable per line, where as i can just change the item "wings" to "burgers" then insert the formula into line 2 sheet2.this will allow sheet2 to locate "burgers" on sheet1 and move that row of info to sheet2 row 2. there will be only one listing for each item on sheet1, the problem is finding each item in the colunm then moving that row of info to sheet2 when the items position changes each time i import new info to sheet1. all sheets have no headers only info. sheet1 colunm A shows random junk and product code cell A1 "------" ,cell A2 "0061",cell A3 "0067"... colunm B shows junk and product name, cell B1 "P-mix", cell B2 "bacon burger", cell B3 "BBQ burger". colunm C shows total sold, cell C1 blank, cell C2 36, cell C3 54.

6000 CONCH FRITTERS 40
6001 ONION SIX STRING 293
6003 MINI CHEESEBURGER 4 138

please help this is driving me crazy.

J

Jeff Boyce

Kenny

Your use of the word "sheet" implies that you are using a spreadsheet.

Ditto for your use of the term "cell".

This newsgroup supports Microsoft Access, the relational database.

Try reposting to an Excel newsgroup.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

--
Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
does not constitute endorsement thereof.

Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
guarantee as to suitability.

You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
possible/necessary.

Ask a Question