From: RobFMS (Rob@_DropThis_fmsinc.com)
Subject: Re: Autonumber format 0000
Original Format
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access
Date: 2003-04-05 13:02:27 PST

Ken

In table design view, select the field that will be the Autonumber field.
On the "General" tab on the bottom, enter the following in the "Format"
property : 000000

HTH

--
Rob

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-Having trouble with your database?
-Are you ready to upgrade, but don't have the expertise?
Let the FMS Professional Solutions Group solve it for you.
www.FMSInc.com/Consulting
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==========================

--

Rob

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Problems with your database? Need to upgrade your application?
Contact the FMS Professional Solutions Group: www.fmsinc.com/consulting

Need a Book Recommendation?
www.fmsinc.com/toplevel/books.htm

Need software tools for Access, VB or .NET?
http://www.fmsinc.com
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Steve Schapel

Joe,

The format property of the table field does not modify the data, but
simply affects the way it is displayed.

I think in the query that you use to export the data you will need to
modify the data using the Format() function (confusing, I know, as it
is a differnt usage of the word 'format'). Something like...
ExpandedKey: Format([ID],"000000000")

- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

Joe

Thanks guys...

and Steve... I was playing with that just yesterday and I
was able to export the single field in question to a new
table... using the following query...I found this in a
Knowledge Base Article...and modified it:

SELECT DISTINCTROW
Format([ID],"000000000" AS [Expr1]
INTO [NEWTABLE]
FROM [BBL];

The only problem is that is ONLY exports the one field (ID)
into the new table.. I want ALL the fields in the new
table... which I then want to export to an ASCII Text
file... ANY SUGGESTIONS ??

Thanks again !