Form Toolbox pops up?

L

LaDdIe

When running a macro, VBA's form toolbox pop's up, even though VBA's code
window is not active,

Can anyone explain the cause, it only happens on a perticular workbook, I
checked my code, but can't seem to find anything that might be calling it.

LaDdIe

N

Nick

When running a macro, VBA's form toolbox pop's up, even though VBA's code
window is not active,

Can anyone explain the cause, it only happens on a perticular workbook, I
checked my code, but can't seem to find anything that might be calling it..

LaDdIe

i have this happen often, it happens when you tell code to stop at a
certain line of code, and then you remove the pause, and then run it
from a button or something else besides the visual basic editor. try
running the macro from with in the visual basic editor.

L

LaDdIe

Hi Bob & Nick

I reverted back to a previous version of my workbook, and then re-wrote my
VBA code again, now it runs without any problems whatsoever?

Thanks guys

Reaction score
I just had the same problem with Excel 2010: The control toolbox popped up while running the form. I noticed that the toolbox only popped up when I clicked on one radio button located on page two of a multitab form.... That frame contains 8 different radio buttons but only one of them caused the toolbox to pop up. From what I've just learned from a few other websites it seems that others are having the toolbox popup from different types of controls, so I don't think the problem is specific to any one type of control.

Here's how I "fixed" it: First I ran the form to discover what selection was causing the toolbox to pop up. Again, in my case it was a radio button selection, but I suppose it could be any selection change, either performed by mouse click or internal code. Then I closed the form and opened it in the VBA editor. From within the editor I clicked on the same radio button and sure enough the toolbox popped up. So I closed the toolbox by clicking on the small "x" in its upper right hand corner. Then I hit the "Save" icon on the top bar of the VBA editor window. Now when I run the form the toolbox doesn't pop up anymore.

I don't know if I "fixed" it necessarily or simply found a work-around for an obvious glitch in MS's userform editing code. But it seemed to work for me, at least on the initial test.

Ask a Question