form scaling

G

Hi,

It seems vs.net does some automatic scaling in the ide. like if i take a project develloped under 96 dpi low res and load it under 120 dpi hi res it does all kinds of automatic resizing. this is undesirable, how do you turn it off?
I have a function that scales forms on the fly (form param). but now i realize that changing the dpi messes up the scaling. i need to take the dpi into consideration but the formulas i've tried don't scale with good precision. so what would be the best scaling formula taking screen width, height and dpi?

TIA

H

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

* "=?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4=?= said:
It seems vs.net does some automatic scaling in the ide. like if i take
a project develloped under 96 dpi low res and load it under 120 dpi hi
res it does all kinds of automatic resizing. this is undesirable, how do
you turn it off?

You can try to set the form's 'AutoScale' property to 'False', but I
doubt that this will help.

G

I think that has to do with font changes, not dpi/resolution changes. I must be wrong about this: i load a program in the ide and it's resized for whatever the dev computer has for dpi/res. but when you execute the program it doesn't resize anymore to new resolutions. it's like only the ide takes care of resizing once, but not on execution. hope thats understandable..
but if it's like that for real, is that a rush job to beat the deadline or something? that's useless
annoying too! if it is trying to resize on execution it sure is doing it wrong. my forms are not positioned/proportioned properly at all, so i wrote my own scaling func. this has been done a million times, but not always considering dpi. ms soft like office etc must fudge the dpi in there somewhere. wish they would let us in on the secret formula, or the one i can't find
camon it's just one line i'm sure

Ask a Question