-----Original Message-----
From: George [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: 14. juli 2004 22:18
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Form pages
Subject: Form pages

I recently changed isp's and during the process lost the ablity to
recieve my guestbook, used bow form etc. For example, it goes from
http://www.oneidaeaglebows.com/oneidapages/usedbows.htm to my
conformation page
http://www.oneidaeaglebows.com/_vti_bin/shtml.dll/oneidapages/usedbows.h
tm.
Now, when I'm working in FP 2000, live on server I can't find _vti_bin ?
There are 2 site's like this, one is simply a counter. Corrupt file
extentions in FP 2000 ? Open for idea's.
Thank you in advance..........

Steve Easton

The _vti_inf.html file says that FPVersion="5.0.2.5012 of the extensions are installed,
and there are now extensions in FrontPage itself.

Also, if it's the emails you're not receiving it could be because the email address is not one
associated with the oneidaeaglebows.com domain.

Check with your host to see if they have form to email transport enabled, and that the server is set
to send to an email address unrelated to your domain.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

George said:
I recently changed isp's and during the process lost the ablity to recieve my guestbook, used bow
form etc. For example, it goes from http://www.oneidaeaglebows.com/oneidapages/usedbows.htm to my
conformation page http://www.oneidaeaglebows.com/_vti_bin/shtml.dll/oneidapages/usedbows.htm.
Now, when I'm working in FP 2000, live on server I can't find _vti_bin ? There are 2 site's like
this, one is simply a counter. Corrupt file extentions in FP 2000 ? Open for idea's.

Thank you both. I did save it via ftp, but published FP. I'll try and re-publish with FP, ya get beat chasing your tail ! Thank's again.......

Steve Easton

Ok, I meant there are no extensions in FrontPage itself.

And yes by all means re-publish using http://oneidaeaglebows.com

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

George said:
Thank you both. I did save it via ftp, but published FP. I'll try and re-publish with FP, ya get
beat chasing your tail ! Thank's again.......

I understood what you were saying. I did re-publish and still do not have it. I'm going to setup the mail redirects and see if that does it. Man I hope so. Thank you.

Steve Easton

Keep in mind that if you used FTP to publish that you have "probably" corrupted the extensions and
need to repair or reinstall them.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

George said:
I understood what you were saying. I did re-publish and still do not have it. I'm going to setup
the mail redirects and see if that does it. Man I hope so. Thank you.

Andrew Murray

what do you mean 'saved it by ftp' but 'published by fp' - same difference isn't
it - you use one method or the other, either publish via http:// in Frontpage or
FTP in Frontpage (or thirdparty program)....using FTP limits (or inhibits) your
ability to use the frontpage server extensions.