Form Field Upload to Database

G

Hello
I know that frontpage will not allow my form users to upload a gif or jpg with the other form fields to be saved to database.
The ultimate goal would be to have all form fields including "form field file upload" saved to database and displayed in my results region page.
Do you know of a way i cant achieve this goal
thank
robert

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Check with your host to see if they offer access to an ASP Upload component or what one they are
willing to install and support.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

robert said:
Hello,
I know that frontpage will not allow my form users to upload a gif or jpg with the other form
fields to be saved to database.
The ultimate goal would be to have all form fields including "form field file upload" saved to
database and displayed in my results region page.

G

We do support ASPUpload 3.0 with is a commercial ASP component installed on all servers that will allow the uplaod of images from a form to your web site. We are not aware of the ability to actually save the image in the database itself but you could save the path to the image file in a Access database field in a table. The folder where you will be uploading the images will need Read/Write Access.

For a code reference and further information on the ASPUpload component you can visit the vendors web site at http://www.aspupload.com
Reinvent Customer Suppor

I checked out the aspupload site, is this something i would have to purchase or can i utilize your 3.0
Also, do you know if id use frontpage or aspupload or if it's possible to view the form field contents with the associated photo
thank
robert

T

Thomas A. Rowe

If your host has this installed, then you do not need to purchase anything. The ASPUpload site
provides example code for using the component in your pages.

You will have to write your custom ASP code to use this component to upload and then update the
database, you can not do and use the FP database wizard.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

robert said:
We do support ASPUpload 3.0 with is a commercial ASP component installed on all servers that will
allow the uplaod of images from a form to your web site. We are not aware of the ability to actually
save the image in the database itself but you could save the path to the image file in a Access
database field in a table. The folder where you will be uploading the images will need Read/Write
Access.
For a code reference and further information on the ASPUpload component you can visit the vendors
web site at http://www.aspupload.com
Reinvent Customer Support

I checked out the aspupload site, is this something i would have to purchase or can i utilize your 3.0?
Also, do you know if id use frontpage or aspupload or if it's possible to view the form field
contents with the associated photo?

G

ignore previous message i meant to send that to my hos

Thomas,
My host had this to say
We do support ASPUpload 3.0 with is a commercial ASP component installed on all servers that will allow the uplaod of >images from a form to your web site. We are not aware of the ability to actually save the image in the database itself but >you could save the path to the image file in a Access database field in a table. The folder where you will be uploading the >images will need Read/Write Access.
For a code reference and further information on the ASPUpload component you can visit the vendors web site at >http://www.aspupload.com
Reinvent Customer Suppor

Thomas
Does this mean that i can add the form field "file Upload" to my form and save it to database? How would i save the path to the image file in a Access database field in a table??
That's the million dollar questio
thanks for helpin
robert

G

I think the light bulb has appreaded on top of my head

So, if i'm understanding this correctly, i would go to that aspupload site and download the example code and insert it into my forms page (code view) and edit it to accomadate my needs
thank
rogert

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Yes, but you will need to hand write all of the code used in your application, in other words, you
can't mixed it with any of the FP generated database code.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

robert said:
I think the light bulb has appreaded on top of my head.

So, if i'm understanding this correctly, i would go to that aspupload site and download the
example code and insert it into my forms page (code view) and edit it to accomadate my needs?

A

Andrew Murray

robert said:
We do support ASPUpload 3.0 with is a commercial ASP component installed on all
servers that will allow the uplaod of images from a form to your web site. We are
not aware of the ability to actually save the image in the database itself but
you could save the path to the image file in a Access database field in a table.
The folder where you will be uploading the images will need Read/Write Access.
For a code reference and further information on the ASPUpload component you can
visit the vendors web site at http://www.aspupload.com
Reinvent Customer Support

I checked out the aspupload site, is this something i would have to purchase or can i utilize your 3.0?
Also, do you know if id use frontpage or aspupload or if it's possible to view
the form field contents with the associated photo?
thanks
robert

if you visited the site you'd know a 30 day evaluation version is available for
download, otherwise is it a "purchase" product.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

But he doesn't need it, as the host already has it installed.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Ask a Question