Form field lookups to next record-compex

Reaction score
Hi Gang, longtime lurker here, but now I'm really stuck. My skills in Access are rough and incomplete, so maybe there's an easy solution to this, but here we go:

I have a form that a user will be entering call information onto. In each month, there will be ten entries per representative. So in January, a senior rep will enter information for 10 calls that John Doe completed.

What I would like to happen is that when that senior rep opens the form, enters the team player's name, and date of call, the Call Number field will populate with the next Call that is needed.

I.e. I am working on the 3rd call for John Doe this month. I open the form up, I enter his name, enter the date and time of call, and the Call Number field automatically populates with "Call Number 3".

Anything anyone can think of to help with this?

Form/DB specifics:
The form that is being used, frm_CallDetails is entering data to tbl_CallDetails.

The Call Number field is text, not an integer, as their will eventually be Emails as well, so "Email Number 1, 2..."

Currently it's a combo box looking up to the tbl_CallNumbers, where I have calls 1-10 listed, each with a Key Column 1-10.

The representative name is combo box from tbl_Representatives, text of course, and the date field is a date picker.

Let me know if I can provide any more details to help with this. I've been thinking that the DLookup function would help, but it seems to not work (for me) with multiple tables being referenced, etc.

-mattemer

Ask a Question