Footy Club Nicknames........

Reaction score
hi there I was just wondering if any1 had heard of any good or weird nicknames for football clubs such as:

Arsenal : The Gunners
Sunderland : The Black Cats
Man Utd : The Red Devils

do u know of any goodens?

i got a couple for u,which i found really weird!:

The blades : Sheffield United , i mean why the blades? are they sharp or soemthing
The Canaries : Norwich (didnt see many burds in Norwich when i went:)_)
The Baggies : West Brom whats that abt?

theres so many more i always forget em the best ones are from coco -cola championships cracks me up!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I not really a big footie fan, tbh, but Charlton Athletic are less than two miles from me and me old man used to drag me there as a kid :D

Any nicknames for them then?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I not really a big footie fan, tbh, but Charlton Athletic are less than two miles from me and me old man used to drag me there as a kid :D

Any nicknames for them then?
The Addicks, IIRC. Not sure why! :confused:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
The Addicks, IIRC. Not sure why! :confused:

yes they r called the ADDICKS. i think its got something to do with their football.........

i know why they call Arsenal the gunners its because be4 Arsenal football club were in Highbury there used to be a Gun factory there or nearby! interesting isnt it!

anyone know what they call Leeds? thats a big question!

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've no idea why Charlton are called the Addicks/Addicts either, but now you mention it Ian, I have heard that term before, I'd forgot.

I think Arsenal are called the Gunners because yes, they used to be located near an Arsenal. I actually think it was Woolwich Arsenal, which is where they were before moving to Highbury, but I could be wrong. Anybody know?

Reaction score
heres one for everyone which i find very amusing:

"Toffees
Everton, England
Reason: Everton mints, produced in the Liverpool district of Everton, are a popular mint toffee. Before every game at Goodison Park free toffees are thrown into the crowd by the famous Toffee Lady, dressed in a traditional skirt, shawl and hat."

i think its time i paid a visit to Goodison Park to get some yummy toffees!mmmmmmmmm

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Glasgow Rangers, my team, are known as the Teddy Bears.

seriously?

ive never heard that one be4?
so what do hey call Celtic?

the care bears?:)

Reaction score
Crap! ;-)

Just kidding, Celtic get called "the bhoys". Thats just pronounced "boys" by the way.

Ah, the fun and games between the old firm!! :-/

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Come On You Celtic!!!

(flops ducks)

Why they (Rangers) called the Teddy Bears then? They all Elvis Presley fans or summat? :)

Reaction score
Lol, rangers are called the gers, but i thought that was pretty obvious. The teddy bears is just another name for them.

Oi floppy, you are not a celtic fan are you?!!! :-(