Footnotes

Here's my problem (it happens often in long documents):

When I write documents that contain many footnotes, some appear at the
bottom of the page that follows the initial citation.

Example: Footnote 20 will appear in the body of the text on page 11, but
will appear at the bottom of page 12.

How do I keep the footnotes appearing at the bottom of same page that they
appear in the body of the text?

Any help that anyone may provide is greatly appreciated! My professors and
I are stumped!

I am using MS Office Word 2003.

Jezebel

Footnotes can get pushed forward if the reference line is near the bottom of
a page (ie, the line would naturally fall near the bottom margin, but if the
footnote text were added to that page, the bottom margin would move up and
the line would then be pushed onto the next page). If there isn't room to
have both reference and footnote, it's better to have the reference first
and the footnote next than the other way round.

If you increase the bottom margin for the entire document, the problem will
occur less often, but you may waste some space and possibly gain a few
pages.

"Lionel Hutz, attorney at law." <Lionel Hutz, attorney at
news:[email protected]...

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Though this really shouldn't be happening in Word 2003.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.