Font Sizes

John Atkins

I have been testing my software on an iPAQ H2215 and just had a report from
somebody using an iPAQ H5555 that shows the font sizes (or something) to be
different.

In particular I have a DataGrid where I set the column width at run-time to
60. On the H2215 this allows a 10 character numeric to be displayed in the
column with space for 1 more character. On the H5555 the field is about 1
character too narrow to fit the same 10 character numeric field.

At design time the DataGrid does not allow the font size to be set and I am
not changing it at run-time. Does anyone know why the two devices display
the grid differently. As far as I'm aware both devices are 240x320 and
neither myself nor the 5555 user has changed anything to do with fonts.
Although I am in the UK and the 5555 is in the US I have my regional
settings set to English (United States).

Does anyone know what is happening?

John.

Paul [Paradise Solutions]

I'm not sure if this helps at all, but I've been running a Dell Axim X5
and a Compaq iPaq3700 series (both UK, but Dell PPC2003, iPaq PPC2002)
and there does seem to be a certain amount of difference in 'font
interpretation' - Times New Roman looks OK on the Dell, and terrible on
the iPaq...

Paul

John Atkins

Thanks for the reply. Both devices are running Windows Mobile 2003.

I create my grid columns at runtime so I can select the columns to be
displayed, header text and column width. I can't see anywhere to select the
font used in the DataGrid let alone the font size. The properties are all
readonly.

It must be something to do with the fonts on the PPC's but I can't see where
to change them either on the PPC itself or in code.

John.

John Atkins

Are you both on the same SP (e.g., SP1)?

As far as I'm aware yes. We are both using the version in ROM from the
release of Windows Mobile 2003 in June.

John.

Katie Schaeffer [MSFT]

Hi All,

There was a bug in V1 where a rounding error caused some font sizes to have
a smaller height. This was fixed in SP1.

-Katie