Font size becomes big

My IE 5.5 was fine until yesterday, I noticed the font size become big than
normal. I don't know how it becomes big size itself. I never change the font
size. So I checked the Internet Options setting and found to be fine. Is
there a way to fix IE? I've tried to upgrade 6.0 and it still not work. Is
there any way around I should check to see if I could fix this problem?

Jan Il

Hi deafbusta :)

Try the following and see if it helps:

Go to Tools> Internet options>Click the Accessibility button at the bottom
Under tthe Formatting section>make sure the "Ignore font sizes specified on
web
pages" dis UNchecked.

(Note: For normal viewing nothing these sections should be checked)

The font size in IE keeps changing.
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#font_size

and....

If you have a wheel on your mouse, hold down the Ctrl key and move the
wheel. This may get your fonts back to the size you want.

Hope this helps :)

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"> My IE 5.5 was fine until yesterday, I noticed the font size become big
than

Ash

deafbusta said:
My IE 5.5 was fine until yesterday, I noticed the font size become big than
normal. I don't know how it becomes big size itself. I never change the font
size. So I checked the Internet Options setting and found to be fine. Is
there a way to fix IE? I've tried to upgrade 6.0 and it still not work. Is
there any way around I should check to see if I could fix this problem?

Click View -> Test Size and choose an option. If you hold down the
control key, you can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to change the
font size, too. That might've benn where you accidentally changed the
font size. The CTRL + SCROLL WHEEL combo is pretty neat, and works in
most Microsfot Applications.

Jan,

I've re-posted my question regarding this same issue. This doesn't appear to
work, meaning that is doesn't resolve the problem.

Any other ideas ? Are there any MSVP for IE 6.0 out there ?

Bob

Don Varnau

Hi Bob,
In addition to Jan's Accessibility tip and everything at
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#font_size you might take a look at
Control Panel> Accessibility> Display> make sure that High Contrast is not
checked.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Bob C" wrote in message
Jan,

I've re-posted my question regarding this same issue. This doesn't appear to
work, meaning that is doesn't resolve the problem.

Any other ideas ? Are there any MSVP for IE 6.0 out there ?
problem?

Jan Il

Hi Bob :)
Jan,

I've re-posted my question regarding this same issue. This doesn't appear
work, meaning that is doesn't resolve the problem.

Any other ideas ? Are there any MSVP for IE 6.0 out there ?

Yup...Don Varnau, who also replied to this thread is an MS MVP for IE6.
Sorry our suggestions did not resolve your problem. Good luck! :)

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Don Varnau

[Inline/bottom posted]
[I hate when I do that]

Yup...Don Varnau, who also replied to this thread is an MS MVP for IE6.

Who doesn't, very often, get to add *anything* to one of Jan's answers <S>
I wonder if Bob got things fixed?

Don

Jan Il

Don Varnau said:
[Inline/bottom posted]
[I hate when I do that]

Yup...Don Varnau, who also replied to this thread is an MS MVP for IE6.

Who doesn't, very often, get to add *anything* to one of Jan's answers
<S>
I wonder if Bob got things fixed?

Don

Oh..well, then I'll have to leave a line or two open for you to jump in and
join the fun. <VBG>

Hopefully, he'll post back and let us know. It appears, though, he is still
looking for a real MVP. ;o))

Jan :)