From: "Patrick Keenan" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: Error Scheduling Tasks

sgopus

Windows defaults to password expires, IF you actually enter a password, if
you have never done that, on your user account only, then there shouldn't be
a expire period.

someone has to have entered a password on scheduling tasks, else it wouldn't
be asking for one. how bout this delete the scheduled task and that should
take care of the problem

Pegasus \(MVP\)

Just because your PC boots up without a password challenge
does not mean that it uses a blank password. The password
might be supplied by an automatic mechanism.

Instead of worrying about an unknown password used for
scheduled tasks, why not resolve the issue simply and permanently?
Create a dedicated account to be used for all scheduled tasks,
give it administrative privileges and keep a reliable record of
the password you used! Problem solved, end of story!