Folder Access Options

G

I would like some solution options from the experts

I want to provide my clients a way to access documents (i.e. PDF or sample pictures) for their review and approval

Therefore, I would like the ability to add a client folder (i.e. XYZ for XYZ company) and then have them access those files/documents in that folder

What is the best way to handle this from a client prespective (i.e. making it user friendly) and from our prespective to publish the document and post some type of index

The hosting server does have 2002 Frontpage extensions

I would like to use Frontpage or some Frontpage Add-in

THANKS

MEG

T

Thomas A. Rowe

If your host allows, create a subweb for each client, then add a home page to the folder with link
to the documents.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

MEG said:
I would like some solution options from the experts:

I want to provide my clients a way to access documents (i.e. PDF or sample pictures) for their review and approval.

Therefore, I would like the ability to add a client folder (i.e. XYZ for XYZ company) and then
have them access those files/documents in that folder.
What is the best way to handle this from a client prespective (i.e. making it user friendly) and
from our prespective to publish the document and post some type of index?

G

If your host allows it, you could create a password protected subweb for each clien
and import the .pdfs there. You need to create your own index and hyperlinks to th
files. On your home page you could create hyperlinks to the various company subweb
or have them access with yourdomain.com/abc, yourdomain.com/def, etc

----- MEG wrote: ----

I would like some solution options from the experts

I want to provide my clients a way to access documents (i.e. PDF or sample pictures) for their review and approval

Therefore, I would like the ability to add a client folder (i.e. XYZ for XYZ company) and then have them access those files/documents in that folder

What is the best way to handle this from a client prespective (i.e. making it user friendly) and from our prespective to publish the document and post some type of index

The hosting server does have 2002 Frontpage extensions

I would like to use Frontpage or some Frontpage Add-in

THANKS

MEG

Ask a Question