fluid dynamic bearing fans?

John Doe

I'm surprised how cheap fluid dynamic bearing fans are, available at
NewEgg. From my electronics days, I recall them being made by
Panasonic and being expensive (then again, apparently so were other
Panasonic parts). Apparently they last many times longer than normal
bearing fans. I'm wondering if lack of familiarity with the
technology causes less demand over the well known metal bearing
stuff.

Conor

I'm surprised how cheap fluid dynamic bearing fans are, available at
NewEgg. From my electronics days, I recall them being made by
Panasonic and being expensive (then again, apparently so were other
Panasonic parts). Apparently they last many times longer than normal
bearing fans. I'm wondering if lack of familiarity with the
technology causes less demand over the well known metal bearing
stuff.
People simply don't care for the most part. They're more bothered about
whether it has a blue LED and looks cool than wether its quiet, shifts
alot of air and lasts a long time.

John Doe

Wrong, fans blow.

Path: newssvr14.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm05.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm03.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!news-feed01.roc.ny.frontiernet.net!nntp.frontiernet.net!newshosting.com.MISMATCH!nx01.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!130.81.64.211.MISMATCH!cycny01.gnilink.net!spamkiller2.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!trndny02.POSTED!49a6d64a!not-for-mail
From: "bgd" <bgd73 verizon.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: fluid dynamic bearing fans?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 19:05:59 GMT

Yeah. Fans Suck.

John Doe

Conor said:
People simply don't care for the most part. They're more bothered
about whether it has a blue LED and looks cool than wether its
quiet, shifts alot of air and lasts a long time.

Girls