Flight Simulator Tutorials?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been playing with FS2004 in the last few days to practice some coursework for the flight simulator in university, but I really do need to learn a few things :)

Are there any websites on the net with tutorials on ILS landings, autoland etc... and even better, some pre-programed "missions" that I can load in FS2004?

The default ones are ok, but they are very generic and there are no other chances to practice after the tutorial is over.

Reaction score
The only ones i know of are the built-in FS2004 missions, can you not select missions a bit more advanced?

Reaction score
ILS is easy, there is no "Autoland" in FS2004, as there are no default Airbus types.

With the ILS, you find the ILS frequency (from the map view) for the runway you wish to land on. You then put that frequency into the NAV1 radio, and press the ID or enable button below (make sure its in the primary not secondary location). When approaching the airport you will hear beeps. When you are cleared on the approach, press the APP button on the panel to turn the Approach button on which will enable the ILS. You also want flight director on, and if in an airliner, a good speed is 150KTS... Flaps 25... altitude 2,000 as set in AP. Altitude hold will disable automatically and you will descend on the glideslope (press B to set your altimeter). Adjust flaps and spoilers as needed bearing in mind you are on the verge of stalling without large amounts of flap. When you touch down, immediatly disable the autopilot and deploy your spoilers and then turn on full reverse thrust and brake as needed (or before landing set your autobrake to "2")

Thats an ILS landing for you.

Any questions?

Reaction score
How do I find the map view?

In relation to ILS landing.....where do I find the map view to get the ILS Frequency??
Thanks=)

Reaction score
Press View > Map > click the airport > find the runway > get the frequency > open radio stack > enter freq. into Nav 2 > Swap frequencies to Nav1 > enable

MXP

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
ILS is easy, there is no "Autoland" in FS2004, as there are no default Airbus types.

With the ILS, you find the ILS frequency (from the map view) for the runway you wish to land on. You then put that frequency into the NAV1 radio, and press the ID or enable button below (make sure its in the primary not secondary location). When approaching the airport you will hear beeps. When you are cleared on the approach, press the APP button on the panel to turn the Approach button on which will enable the ILS. You also want flight director on, and if in an airliner, a good speed is 150KTS... Flaps 25... altitude 2,000 as set in AP. Altitude hold will disable automatically and you will descend on the glideslope (press B to set your altimeter). Adjust flaps and spoilers as needed bearing in mind you are on the verge of stalling without large amounts of flap. When you touch down, immediatly disable the autopilot and deploy your spoilers and then turn on full reverse thrust and brake as needed (or before landing set your autobrake to "2")

Thats an ILS landing for you.

Any questions?

Hi guys.

I know all about performing an ILS approach, but I do not knwo how to do a full ILS ladning, even in my Airbus A310. I do the same (Tune NAV1, enable APP hold) as described above, but the aircraft just continues to descend, until it smashes down onto the runway. As a result, I have to retain control at about 500ft, to make a soft landing.

How can I make the aircraft perform a full autolanding, and not just the approach?

Thanks (I think it could be something to do with a radio altimiter)

:)

Ask a Question